The VG Resource

Full Version: Quad Desert Fury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ripped this because there was no section for any Q games in the GBA category. The game has 3D graphics but is terrible in gameplay.

[Image: wuadicon.png]
[Image: menuscreens.png]
[Image: desertb.png]
... It's just a few screenshots.
(08-08-2009, 03:50 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]... It's just a few screenshots.

Yeah, its the menu screens... I looked at the Oam viewer and its all a mess.

The icon just says Menu Screens.
I'm sorry but nobody would use that... Very Sad
(08-09-2009, 11:34 AM)Gabby Jay Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but nobody would use that... Very Sad

Lol I agree with you there. I just wanted to make sure every lettter in the GBA section had a link. Tongue
If you want to submit, do it the right way. It's not always that Dazz rejects one rip.
You could, for example, separate the layers and rip them individually. Now that would be a little more interesting.
(08-09-2009, 02:05 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to submit, do it the right way. It's not always that Dazz rejects one rip.
You could, for example, separate the layers and rip them individually. Now that would be a little more interesting.

I know man, I would have. I was going to do just the background and rip the numbers individually but there appears to be only one layer in the game. I think they are just pictures. I ripped Lon Lon Ranch from The Minish Cap, I know how to rip things its just that this game appears to only operate on the 3rd layer in the menus.

In actual gameplay it uses layer 5 for the GUI which I could rip, but those are just numbers and an arrow. Thats a possibility.
(08-09-2009, 05:27 PM)Broojo02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2009, 02:05 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to submit, do it the right way. It's not always that Dazz rejects one rip.

I know man, I would have. I was going to do just the background and rip the numbers individually but there appears to be only one layer in the game. I think they are just pictures. I ripped Lon Lon Ranch from The Minish Cap, I know how to rip things its just that this game appears to only operate on the 3rd layer in the menus.

In actual gameplay it uses layer 5 for the GUI which I could rip, but those are just numbers and an arrow. Thats a possibility.
Separate the logos, numbers, and whatnot from the background images. Instead of taking screenshots.
(08-09-2009, 06:16 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2009, 05:27 PM)Broojo02 Wrote: [ -> ]

Separate the logos, numbers, and whatnot from the background images. Instead of taking screenshots.
I dont know how else I can say that. The numbers are anti-aliased onto the freaking background. I have checked all the layers and the whole image is on layer 3.

THE WHOLE IMAGE!.
Pah, so this one was submitted fine:
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...heet/25930

But mine wasn't?
Standards change. 'sides, that can easily be approved for removal.
(08-13-2009, 08:43 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Standards change. 'sides, that can easily be approved for removal.
Well, those are just separate screens, not one screen with sprites overlaying it like your sheet is.

So, yeah. Anti-aliasing on the sprites? Then the game probably uses some sort of trickery, and in that case should be acceptable (since alpha channels are usually hard to get for anything that's not a PC game).
I think that all this whining is lasting too long. We all all talking about 1-layer couple screens, it wasn't that hard to rip so move on and rip something else ;p