The VG Resource

Full Version: YBB sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ive recolored the m and l ss cheep cheep /puffer cheep twice, one red, one green. these were a pain. oh dang. i cant seem to get anywhere on any image sites. photobucket wouldnt let me on, pixelart locked it.
ok, lets try now. argggh. it still doesnt work.
Try imageshack.us
i tried. i never got the activation email...
AAAARGGGGGGH!
maybe now?
[Image: gallery.cgi?i=2321952]
dang. could someone please tell me how to do this(without using [])
[Image: gallery.cgi?i=2321952.png]
...argh.
[Image: gallery.cgi?i=2321952.png]sometimes i hate the internet...
[Image: green_puffer_cheep.png] doh! i was using the wrong url.
Use tinypic.com, much better than Imageshack.

copy-paste the text that looks like [ img]www.tinypic.com/whatever[ /img]
[Image: red_puffer_cheep.png]
nevermind i got it now
[Image: red_eye.png]
credit to starpower
Oh, they're just recolours?

No, we don't accept that kind of thing on the site. Anyone can just change the colours of any sprite; it's not hard. Moved to Sprite Discussion.
Haha, this was fun to watch.
Recolors of pre-ripped sprites are a waste of time.
(08-07-2009, 06:35 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]Recolors of pre-ripped sprites are a waste of time.
not when they use the same color in two areas that have different colors in other color schemes. Besides, there arent many good m and l cheep cheeps on the customs page. The maker of the mr. i sprites could add red I and palette to the image. Heck, I could do that.
(08-08-2009, 04:44 AM)Your Buddy Bill Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2009, 06:35 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]Recolors of pre-ripped sprites are a waste of time.
not when they use the same color in two areas that have different colors in other color schemes. Besides, there arent many good m and l cheep cheeps on the customs page. The maker of the mr. i sprites could add red I and palette to the image. Heck, I could do that.
Recoloring in general is a waste of time. Using the eraser tool in paint isn't necessarily the hardest thing to do.
whatever. i finally have a true custom. its not finished yet, though. [Image: boo_blah_done_wout_text.png]
i need to make ... overworld sprites, and now the tounge looks too small.
Your red is too saturated. You have a ton of jagged lineart, even inside the sprite. The eyes are also pillowed, and the animation itself seems choppy. But it isn't that bad for your first customs.
what do you mean? and the colors were taken from the original boo blah
Your use of the colors probably isn't as good as those of the original, that's all.

though i respect the fact that you tried your hand at something custom. good path to take; just needs practice.
as for the sprites, ML style is very different from SMW2 style, so it may be necessary to perhaps pick out colors from a M&L palette or something.
Also you changed the overall shape of boo blah, but i'm not sure if that was intentional. He's more gooey in yoshi's island.
Pages: 1 2