The VG Resource

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know you guys are all excited to see where this project goes, but I notice that not many are really working on things, myself included. I'd like to ask you why. Is it because the style is too difficult? Are too many sprites required? I really want this project to be easily accessible so people can jump in and help with a sheet. Look at the Modern Sonic project, for instance (Not here. At the MFS boards). People just add what they want to the sheet and nobody feel intimidated. What can I do to make this project more accessible and active?
I'll finish Mario, no worries.
Someday. It won't be a day when everyone's done with everything.

Don't wait for it.
i think its because people sprite to express creativity or some crap like that so its p. boring to just copy a bunch of frames into sprite form. thats why im doing viewtfiul joe anyway.
Because it is difficult I suppose.

Most of our completed sprites still need fixing/ people are complaining they need fixing. We haven't even begun to start making more poses for most of them.
I know. I'm pretty frustrated. I've done everything I can think of to get people more excited and involved with the project, but nothing seems to be working.
Hm maybe if the style was easier or there was a solid tutorial. But too much has been done already to start over.
That's exactly how I feel, but restarting would be no guarantee either.
i think the only way to fix the problem would be getting more forums to help
Still might not work. Case in point; The Modern Genesis Project.
It's cause everybody's too busy arguing and discussing who should or should not be sprited and nobody's actually spriting anything.

Just sayin'.
Yeah.
Well you know I'm here I'm not leaving til Sonic is done and sheeted also I think we really need to get people more involved for this project but it's hard to keep them for a decent amount of time. Sad
Perhaps we can do the following:

1. Start over with easier style and tutorial. (makes the work easier)

2. Only concentrate on characters already in the game. (gives us something definite to focus on)

3. Anyone who helps make sprites or whatever is allowed to suggest a character. (to get them eager to join)

Otherwise you're new character suggestion will be ignored. After the regular characters are completed (or mostly completed). Suggestions and votings for new character will be open ONLY to those who have worked on the project.

This will make people eager to work as we all want to see our favorite character in, am I right?
umm... thats probably not going to work. the first will only make people complain (myself included) because the style is awesome now and we'd have to scrap their hard work. besides, the style isn't even that hard. the problem with the second is that nobody will care if we say they can only work on whats in the game, they'll work on what they want to and if they finish we'll end up putting it in because we have so few complete sheets. the problem with the third one is that people who can't sprite may have great ideas and people who can may have horrible ideas so we'd be limiting ourselves just because someone would rather give a suggestion than sprite.
(08-04-2009, 07:07 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps we can do the following:

1. Start over with easier style and tutorial. (makes the work easier)

2. Only concentrate on characters already in the game. (gives us something definite to focus on)

3. Anyone who helps make sprites or whatever is allowed to suggest a character. (to get them eager to join)

Otherwise you're new character suggestion will be ignored. After the regular characters are completed (or mostly completed). Suggestions and votings for new character will be open ONLY to those who have worked on the project.

This will make people eager to work as we all want to see our favorite character in, am I right?
Those all pretty much go against the intent of what the project is now.
Pages: 1 2 3