The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokémon Platinum Sprite Cleanups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

This is my first time posting over here on the relatively new Spriters Resource forums.

When D/P was first announced, I jumped on the chance to rip some of the sprites from the preliminary screenshots. Some sprites were more successful that others, but I was enjoying ripping the sprites.

Nearly a year later, and I'm at it again.

When the new Pokémon game was officially announced, I started ripping the sprites straight away. Below are the sprites that I have ripped so far:

[Image: Pokemon_Platinum.png]

[Image: Pokemon_Platinum_Custom_Male_Hero_S.png][Image: Pokemon_Platinum_Giratina_Battle_Lo.png]
[Image: Pokemon_Platinum_HP_Bars_Logo.png]

And the custom screenshots all together:

[Image: CustomScreens.png]

Comments and Criticism are always welcome.

(There will be an update soon as, according to Serebii; there will be a press pack (of sorts) containing more screenshots that will be fairly easy to rip)
Don't rip sprites from screenshots.
Why not? Is it against the rules or something? (sorry but I am new here)
These are from Serebii aren't they?
Yak Wrote:These are from Serebii aren't they?
Not really. They don't match up exactly, which makes this one semi-custom/edited. Plus, the one on Serebii is all JPG'd (even though it's a PNG), and this one has been cleaned up.
I ripped all of these myself, regardless of there being some other Giratina Origin sprites floating about. I've updated my Custom Hero Sprite so expect an update within the next few minutes!
Random Talking Bush Wrote:
Yak Wrote:These are from Serebii aren't they?
Not really. They don't match up exactly, which makes this one semi-custom/edited. Plus, the one on Serebii is all JPG'd (even though it's a PNG), and this one has been cleaned up.

Ahhh, okay, but I don't think these should be approved for submission still
Space Guard Wrote:I ripped all of these myself, regardless of there being some other Giratina Origin sprites floating about. I've updated my Custom Hero Sprite so expect an update within the next few minutes!

But they are rough rips from screenshots, do the rip when Platnium ROM comes out Smile
To be honest, I'm not really bothered if these aren't submitted. I enjoy ripping these sprites and I just wanted to share it with others. Anyway the new Hero sprite is in the first page!

(Actually I should really change the title to 'Pokémon Platinum Cleanups')
Space Guard Wrote:To be honest, I'm not really bothered if these aren't submitted. I enjoy ripping these sprites and I just wanted to share it with others. Anyway the new Hero sprite is in the first page!

(Actually I should really change the title to 'Pokémon Platinum Cleanups')

Actually you should move it to Sprite Discussion
Okay then, I'll create a new thread over in the 'Sprite Discussion' area.
I like the clean ups. But I dislike the front sprite that you edited. This is from me. I did the same colour from the back sprite and shorter scarf.

[Image: lucasplatinumlb6.png]