The VG Resource

Full Version: My Sonic Sprite Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new here, And This is My first sheet. I Know It Sucks.
EDIT: OMG I Just realized I was The 4,999th member!
Little to no shading, limbs are to long, body is to round, don't use the circle tool for the entire sprite, head looks absolutely awful, and the way you positioned the eyes, makes him look as though he were high.
The gloves are also bad.
to keep ur rep from being negative, I will say,"If it sucks, DON'T POST IT!" oh, and being the 4,999th member is lucky.
Daisy I hate to be rude but shut the fuck up, that logic is ass backwards. No one can pull awesome-tastic work from nothing. It takes practice and experience and a whole buncha other stuff that takes a lot of time to learn, and surprise, in order to learn, you have to make/post the really shitty stuff in the first place.

And to the new the guy int he frist post I would visit http://imageshack.us/ or www.photobucket.com to sign up and upload your image. I would also suggest saving it as a png/tiff so that the image will be uploaded as a non jpeg. BMP's also take up quite a bit more space than a png/tiff. I have not used photobucket in a long time, but I only think that you can upload a png to photucket and a tiff to imageshack (you can upload a png to imageshack as well, as well as a bunch of other file types to either of them, but the results may be less than spectacular).
Sorry, Imageshack wasn't working At the Moment. But I'll Try harder.
Use Tinypic. Works just the same, crashes less often.

Also Custom Submissions is not the place for new spriters. Please post your works in Sprite Discussion for critique.
(08-03-2009, 02:11 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Use Tinypic. Works just the same, crashes less often.

Also Custom Submissions is not the place for new spriters. Please post your works in Sprite Discussion for critique.
So I can post my Sonic edit to find what is wrong or right?
Oh and sprite edits are easier so I think everyone should edit sprites then get to adding a extra item to the sprite in the same style then make customs.Big Grin
What?

No, you'd have to be extremely good at editing (and be used to competent custom work) for Edits to ve viable submissions.

This is aside from the fact that this isn't your thread to ask such questions in.
(08-02-2009, 07:18 PM)NazoZakk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new here
okay
(08-02-2009, 07:18 PM)NazoZakk Wrote: [ -> ]And This is My first sheet
okay
(08-02-2009, 07:18 PM)NazoZakk Wrote: [ -> ]I Know It Sucks.
...what?

You know what makes me angry? When people makes a thread about their work and label them as crap.

I know it needs work and you do too, but there's no reason to say that. It would be better if you wrote something like "Hey, I'm new with sprites and I'd like to have some help here". You'd certainly get more help this way.
okay, Maybe Joining This Place was A Bad Idea...
(08-05-2009, 07:48 PM)NazoZakk Wrote: [ -> ]okay, Maybe Joining This Place was A Bad Idea...
Is it a bad idea to get critique and improve your works?

Look, if you are just going to shrug off crits, then you might as well get out now. But if you intend to improve and become a better spriter, then follow our advice.

Big Grin

Jesus Lizard gave you some great crits; follow them :>
Is it because people are giving you good advice? ^_________________^
Maybe it's because we didn't praise your work? ^______________________________________________________________________________^

Anyway, this isn't a sprite sheet. It's just one pose, and if you're thinking of just rotating the parts for movement, it'd look pretty bad.
Lineart is pretty bad and jagged in a lot of areas. You should use references, because he doesn't look like Sonic.
The shading makes it look crumpled, especially his body.
He doesn't have a left arm and his right hand, umm.. Doesn't look like a hand.

Also Please Don't Type Like This, Thank You Very Much.
(08-05-2009, 08:39 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]Is it because people are giving you good advice? ^_________________^
Maybe it's because we didn't praise your work? ^______________________________________________________________________________^

Anyway, this isn't a sprite sheet. It's just one pose, and if you're thinking of just rotating the parts for movement, it'd look pretty bad.
Lineart is pretty bad and jagged in a lot of areas. You should use references, because he doesn't look like Sonic.
The shading makes it look crumpled, especially his body.
He doesn't have a left arm and his right hand, umm.. Doesn't look like a hand.

Also Please Don't Type Like This, Thank You Very Much.

One, I Know The Shading Sucks But I Worked Hard On the head.
Two, This is Just The Way I talk, Ignore It.
Three, I'm making An 8-Bit Sonic Sprite Sheet.
Well, you didn't told us that it was a 8bit style.

Really not "8-bit-ish". Usually the sprites for playable characters aren't THAT big, usually around 32 pixels tall or LESS. Try to check the NES session for some ideas. I'm not sure were you want to get, but as for NES the sprites don't have more than 4 colors (transparency included) and allows only the following colors:

[Image: nespallette.png]

And...Hmmm....Well... I really think there's much room for improvement.
The body alone is 7 colors
And one of the legs has 10 colors.

8-bit is only 4 colors per sprite.
Pages: 1 2