The VG Resource

Full Version: Old school template.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already have made a Overworld template for FinalFantasy sprites, yet... I am having problems with the In-Battle ones. So, my request it... Templatize some In~Battle characters from the FinalFantasy series for me...? (i mean, the ones for SNES or GBA, NOT the ones from NES, for god's sake, unless it's FFIII.)

I am making a old~school like game, (already got some graphics in the work, but i will show HERE in about a week. Not good enough yet. Needs some rework.)and i really, really need this. =s
Ah, all the graphics directed to this game will be free for anyone to use, and i don't care if they claim as their own. It's wrong, but it's my style, people will recognize anyway...

So.... Let's.. Do it? Thank you in advance, Oh-So-Kind. ^-^
(as long as it's not for commercial purposes, of course.)
although I don't have a template, If you start with editing sprites from FF6 (FFVI) then they're just battle sprites with walking and stuff added on. Square expanded upon the battle style and made the overworlds the same size, so if you edit an FF6 sheet then you're essentially editing a battle sheet.

Also aren't NES and SNES battle sprites the same size? I dunno.
Yes, they are. Yet the NES ones are less developed (and shadeless.) Yet, the FIIIj's sprites still look nice. Oh, I absolutely can't mess with FFVI's overworld YET. I always make some kind of horrid monstrosity =/
That's why i will keef 16x16 chars for the Overworld. Besides, they look very nice. (at least mine does.)

Thank you. Yes, i guess i will try FFVI again...