The VG Resource

Full Version: Poke'Fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've thought of this for a while now: Wouldn't a Poke'mon fighting game be awesome? And I don't mean like in Poke'mon stadium, ect, but a proper Beat'Em'Up. It could include all two hundred and whatever Poke'mon each with their own basic moves.

Story mode could be how you capture them, you start with one of the starters from all the games and travel through a typical poke'plotline and capture wild Poke'mon which will then become available for you to play as in arcade or vs mode. Maybe you could even upload your Poke'mon from one of the DS games and use them to battle with.
(08-01-2009, 05:27 AM)Kurai Wrote: [ -> ]It could include all two hundred and whatever Poke'mon
You mean, all four hundred and ninety-three (or whatever) Pokémon.
(By the way, holding down [Alt] and inserting 130 via the numpad should get you an 'é')

Well, I don't know. I've thought of such a game, too, snd it may be great - but I doubt it'll ever happen. Well, at least there's this Pokémon Scramble thing...
(08-01-2009, 05:38 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2009, 05:27 AM)Kurai Wrote: [ -> ]It could include all two hundred and whatever Poke'mon
You mean, all four hundred and ninety-three (or whatever) Pokémon.
(By the way, holding down [Alt] and inserting 130 via the numpad should get you an 'é')

Well, I don't know. I've thought of such a game, too, snd it may be great - but I doubt it'll ever happen. Well, at least there's this Pokémon Scramble thing...

Heh heh... Thanks.Embarassed Pokémon! Genki ^_^

True, but it would be great. Maybe they could start it off with only the first 150 and then release the rest as downloads over time? I think that, even a small version, is way over due.
ctrl+alt+e does the same thing but faster.

If there was a Pokémon fighter, it would probably be a Side Scrolling Brawler, rather than a 1 on 1 fighter. Like Streets of Rage.

I'd also wager that playable characters would be the humanoid Pokémon, for both animation and ease of use. Foes and bosses could be anything though.
final boss = wailord?????
(08-01-2009, 06:22 AM)-The Raytheon Experience- Wrote: [ -> ]final boss = wailord?????

Nah! Think he'd BE the stage!Tongue
This exists and it's called Type Wild. Although the roster is pretty small, I recall the characters looking pretty Sugimori-artwork accurate but it's a dojin fighter.
http://www.pokesho.com/battle

Pretty neat mechanics; it pretty much plays like a King of Fighters game (not the team aspect, but the multiple assist characters like in Howling Blood)

Beta 4 has a selection of eight playable characters AFAIK. Playables include Blaziken, Lucario, Snorlax, Gardevoir and Breeloom.

I'm not sure where to download beta 4.3 but yeah
(08-01-2009, 07:16 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]This exists and it's called Type Wild. Although the roster is pretty small, I recall the characters looking pretty Sugimori-artwork accurate but it's a dojin fighter.

Pretty neat mechanics; every Pokemon has 3 assists to choose from which work a little like the ones from the Marvel VS. titles (1, not 2)

Beta 4 has a selection of eight playable characters AFAIK. Playables include Blaziken, Lucario, Snorlax, Gardevoir and Breeloom.

Wow! It looks like the traditional 2D fighters. Posted a pic here for those who have trouble navigating in Japanese:
[Image: gamen.jpg]
(08-01-2009, 07:24 AM)Kurai Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2009, 07:16 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]This exists and it's called Type Wild. Although the roster is pretty small, I recall the characters looking pretty Sugimori-artwork accurate but it's a dojin fighter.

Pretty neat mechanics; every Pokemon has 3 assists to choose from which work a little like the ones from the Marvel VS. titles (1, not 2)

Wow! It looks like the traditional 2D fighters. Posted a pic here for those who have trouble navigating in Japanese:
[Image: gamen.jpg]
HOTLINKING IS BAAAAD
but yeah if you've played fighters the UI is pretty straightforward. Assists and Supers cost PP, which works like it does in any fighter nowadays except there's more stress on the numerical values and knowing exactly how much PP you need to execute attacks/send out assists.
if you were gonna make a sidescrolling pokémon beatemup then the only playable characters should be hitmonchan and hitmonlee, which would play very differently from each other to mix up the action.
(08-01-2009, 06:18 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]ctrl+alt+e does the same thing but faster.
No it doesn't!
It makes a '€'. Tongue

I personally am not a big fan of sidescrolling fighting games, so I'd pass on that.
A topdown one would be nice, though.
(08-01-2009, 09:08 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2009, 06:18 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]ctrl+alt+e does the same thing but faster.
No it doesn't!
It makes a '€'. Tongue

I personally am not a big fan of sidescrolling fighting games, so I'd pass on that.
A topdown one would be nice, though.

Or a third person arena fighter.

I think if anyone here were to make a sidescrolling Pokémon fighter it would have to use JoshR691's sprites.

Also... Am I the only one who thinks Gardevoir's mugshot looks evil? 0_0
(08-01-2009, 07:24 AM)Kurai Wrote: [ -> ][Image: gamen.jpg]

A thing that I don't like+a thing that I don't like=awesome?

that looks neat.
where do i download this amazing thing
My idea from a while back:

Pokémon: P1 Grand Prix based on the ep where the hitmons first appeared.

Pokemon are in a ring and they duke it out, game consists only of fighting types.
Pages: 1 2