The VG Resource

Full Version: Best DS flashcart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, I'm in the market for a DS flashcart, and I want to get a good (preferably the best) one.
SO.
Which one should I get?
Apparently the R4DS isn't the best anymore?
I want one that will definitely work with MicroSD cards. (my friend has a G6 with built-in memory ugh)
i use m3 and it works fine

so i guess its pretty good!
I'd recommend either an M3 or G6 real. They come with everything you need, and the latest firmware works with all ROM's, even those that have copy protection. They're also about 2GByte or larger, which is about 30-50 ROM's depending on the file sizes.
idk whats the best, I got an R4 and it's pretty good. It can hold a bunch of games.
i'd reccomend the "get out of town" package because i'm calling the police right now
does M3 take microSD?
I don't want a G6 as I don't like onboard memory. I'd prefer to expand.

also, is the acekard any good?
there isnt even 50 good nds games, why would you need more than that
I ordered an AceKard, hasn't arrived yet. I got it cus it was cheap though, I hear the firmware it comes with sucks, so my friend is gonna replace that for me.
Highly considering getting a CycloDS Evolution, though this deal on the M3 Real is pretty good: http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-m3realp

also I don't have a DS lite
I just have a DS phat
Pretty good? Really? No way man.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

Get this, replace firmware
Cyclo is fantastic, have no problems with it and the interface is really, really nice.

(G6 sucks and will likely break, btw. Myself and like 6 friends had them, none are still working without problems as far as I know.)
Yo fret
I've heard the acekard is somewhat cheap (in quality, not just price) and doesn't have the features of the M3, G6, etc.
That's a great price, but it's just the cart and a reader. The M3 comes with more stuff and is a better card and has more features.

My friend's G6 was actually pretty cool and had it not had onboard memory, I would have had it by now.

Strongly considering a CycloDS now. I've read that they have an excellent community/support team and it updates regularly. not sure whether to get ti or the M3 though.
I personally like my M3DS Real. I heard that they may be doing something to combat the R4 in the future -- I think something with extra coding that needs an authentic game card to execute, but can be cracked. For that reason, go for the newer ones with upgradeable firmware.

GBAtemp thread on the subject.
I have DScyclo Evolution and it's awesome.
Never had any problems with it and it emulates perfectly.
very stupid question coming from me, but if i were to make my own game using say GameMaker, could i put it on one of these cards and play it on the ds?
Pages: 1 2 3