The VG Resource

Full Version: Journey of a thousand vectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'm recently started making vector and I decided to post this here for C+C hope you like it.
[Image: Chicken.jpg]
I will post different vectors and see if I improve in some way. Anything you say will be taken in to count when I do the next vector.
It's got lots of blank space at the bottom and to the left. You could have cut that off.

The beak, the feet and that cockscomb on his head are shown from the side, whereas they should be seen from the front. Those wings don't really look like wings at all.
Also, that chicken is a square... anot to mention it's weird color. Has it lost it's feathers?
(07-29-2009, 12:09 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]It's got lots of blank space at the bottom and to the left. You could have cut that off.

The beak, the feet and that cockscomb on his head are shown from the side, whereas they should be seen from the front. Those wings don't really look like wings at all.
Also, that chicken is a square... anot to mention it's weird color. Has it lost it's feathers?

Yeah it's a square. I think it looks ok being a square but I'll do the other things you said. Do you mean make the white stuff transparent? I'll fix the wings and the other things. Thanks for posting.
Here's the newest chicken. I fixed the legs and beak and the cockscomb I don't get the white part thing but when I do I'll fix that too. I added some "feathers" and I'm working on the wings.[Image: Chicken-1.jpg]
Your 'feather'-Pattern is above the peak. You should lower the object (select it and push the 'Page Down' key).

(07-29-2009, 12:14 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean make the white stuff transparent?
No. I meant that you should get rid of the unnecessary white space at the left and the bottom. The Actual picture is in the top right corner the way you have it now - it should be centered, I'd say.
Oh ok I'll do that. Thanks I'll do that.Hey Previous I'm not using Inkscape since there was a problem when I tried downloading it but tell me what the command those in Inkscape and I'll do it in Illustrator.
I moved the chicken to the center. Hey Previous I'm not using Inkscape since there was a problem when I tried downloading it but tell me what the command those in Inkscape and I'll do it in Illustrator.[Image: Chicken-2.jpg]
Still haven't cut off that obnoxious white space.

As for the art itself, it scares me. Looks like it'll peck my eyes out. :[] But pretty good.
he's got testicle hands...

nuff said.
(07-29-2009, 06:38 PM)Mewthriii Wrote: [ -> ]Still haven't cut off that obnoxious white space.

As for the art itself, it scares me. Looks like it'll peck my eyes out. :[] But pretty good.

LOL. Thanks. I'll get the white space out in a minute or two.

(07-29-2009, 06:38 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: [ -> ]he's got testicle hands...

nuff said.
LOL. I'm working on the testicle wings. I didn't noticed they looked like that.
Sorry guys but I won't be able to start this project properly so please close this until I can find the time to do it again. Thanks in advance.