The VG Resource

Full Version: New Color!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just gotten into spriting and i started to play around with colors and clothing. i would love to here some feed back on this! i am very new to sprite making but, i have sprite animation down.

[Image: Fullmetalalchemist.png]
Did you rip the sprites?
Because if not, you have to give credit to the person that did.
Besides that was just a recolor.
(07-26-2009, 05:13 PM)Alcala Wrote: [ -> ]Did you rip the sprites?
Because if not, you have to give credit to the person that did.
Besides that was just a recolor.

No i did not rip them and i did not just recolor the either. i took three new colors and replaced them with the others, just to start to understand the different shades. i am not going to be posting this and saying this is all mine, i was only going to see if someone could help me and give me feed back on my pix art. If this is wrong to do plz hep and tell me, what would be good to do to start and learn sprite making. Thanks
(07-26-2009, 06:48 PM)Animelovers411 Wrote: [ -> ]i did not just recolor the either. i took three new colors and replaced them with the others,

That's a recolor

There is no fancy way of puting it

It's a recolor.
Recoloring doesn't help, shading is simple, look at where the light source is coming from and lighten the colors closest to light and darken them the farther away they get.
(07-26-2009, 07:23 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Recoloring doesn't help, shading is simple, look at where the light source is coming from and lighten the colors closest to light and darken them the farther away they get.

Thanks for the feed back, i will keep trying.
Stop being lazy.
You can do this in MSPaint in five seconds.
Well you can animate, that is good, because you've seen how sprites need to be in order to not animate choppy and have parts that move awkwardly or grown and shrink. First do small stuff like take bits of his hair and rotate them around on his head and draw on them a bit so they don't look like they are floating, but yeah simply recoloring won't do anything. I guess it maybe might steady your hand more if you do it by hand and the eraser thing.