The VG Resource

Full Version: TSR Pokemon Video Game Tournament - Cancelled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Surprise, surprise no? It was bound to happen. Anyways, welcome to TSR’s first Pokemon Video Game Tournament, where all the Pokemon lovers here get to enjoy beating the shit out of each other over Shoddy Battle. For those who are unaware of what Shoddy Battle is, it can be downloaded here. Shoddy Battle is basically the Pokemon battle part of Pokemon without all of the fancy animations and such. The program is very easy to use you’ll quickly adapt to its interface - it’s really fun! For the tournament we will be using the PokeWifi sever due to it being empty all the time. Shoddy is going to be used as a time saver, providing a quick and effective way to set up your team, your team’s move sets, evs, and a bunch of other stuff that’s really time consuming and best saved for another tournament where everyone has much longer to prepare.

About This Tourney:

This is basically your general run of the mill elimination tourney. Battles will have randomly selected match ups (via a friend who does not know anyone here except me). The players will play against each other, with the winner moving on and the loser, well, losing. There will (hopefully) be a graphical representation to make all of this much easier to view. The whole point of this tourney is just to be something fun for all of TSR's Pokemon fans.

Deadlines:

24-48 hours from this post, the sign ups end.
Round 1 - 4:00pm CST (24 hours from now)
Round 2 - 4:00pm CST (24 hours from round ones end)

Rules:
- No pokemon from this list (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GARCHOMP) are allowed for use. Anyone else is free game.
  • Anyone caught using the banned pokemon will be disqualified.
- Inactive participants will more than likely be disqualified if they do not have a good reason for why they were inactive for when they were supposed to play.
  • In the event of this happening, the player that was active will move on in the tourney.
  • In the event that both players or one player had a reasonable excuse as to why they could not play, both players will simply be moved into the next round, that way they can complete the match.

In Battle Rules (all of these are already pre-programmed into shoddy, just check the box when you challenge someone)
- Sleep Clause (Only one Pokemon on either team at one time can be asleep, being put asleep by using rest does not count)
- Soul Dew Clause (No Pokemon can hold Soul Dew, ever)
- OHKO Clause (No OHKO moves, like Horn Drill, are allowed)
- Evasion Clause (Moves like Double Team are illegal, however, acupressure and Evasion modifying abilities are allowed)
- Timed Battle (The battle has a 5 minutes time limit)
- Species Clause (Only one pokemon of the same species on one team at any given time, for example, only one Rotom can be on the team, different formes count)
- Freeze Clause (Only one Pokemon on either team can be Frozen at one time)
- Your Pokemon teams can have 1 alternate to swap out with any of your Pokemon.
- If both players do not confirm the result, please use a battle log as evidence to whom won.
- Obviously I cant stop people from watching the battle, but just watching the battle to see, what might possibly be your next opponent, may have, is just kinda rude :/

The Tournament Rounds (Present)

[Image: tourney3.gif]

Tournament Rounds (Past):

Round 1 beginning

How to get your battle logs
Apparently in order for the logs to be full, you must first save the logs. It's still simple so don't fret. Create a folder for the log. Then you can just go to the save option located in the chat right here;
[Image: exampletbh.png]

When going to the folder with the logs, you'll right click and see open. You'll be presented with several options like so;
[Image: examplep.png]

Just click Internet explorer (note pad does not work) or whatever other option is available, and it should look like this;
[Image: examplem.png]

Any logs that have been turned in will just be accepted and posted with the rest at the end - this is just to keep in mind for later. I'm sorry I didn't notice it before.

Participants: (username - shoddy name)
Cshad - Hallogen
Zac - ZacDR
Raytheon - Raytheon
The Crow - rob09
Alex - donnerinferno
JarJar - JarJar
EpicWes - EpicWes
DarkScizorMaster - DarkScizorMaster
Phantom K - Phantom K
cranky_cunt2acca03e - dicks2dickswheresthechicks
Omega - BreakMan
soulcaliberfan - ptcf
Ark Kuvis - David J
Tonberry2k - Tonberry2k

Thanks to~
Jarjar and Zac for helping me organize this, everyone should give them a big thanks.

Prize?
If I ever ever get my action replay to recognize my Platinum cartridge, I'll be happy to hand out a Jirachi to everyone who participated in the tourney (once I move to my new house and get WEP internet). I'm talking about the japan only Draco Meteor Jirachi.

If anyone has any objections please tell me
enetring
Raytheon - Raytheon
I'll enter. I'm pretty sure my Shoddy name is donnerinferno. You should probably ban Garchomp. It's uber because it really is overpowered.
I said take out garchomp out of the ban, it aint that overpowered.
I honestly don't think wobbuffet should be banned, he is awesomely strong but a toxic is all it takes to beat him.
(07-25-2009, 09:33 PM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't think wobbuffet should be banned, he is awesomely strong but a toxic is all it takes to beat him.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/wobbuffet

@Alex: Garchomp is strong, but not over powered. People have a lot of new toys to play with now - Garchomp must beware. Latias out runs him, Scisor shaves off 50% with CB'd technician bullet punch alone. Unless you let him set up, he wont be too much of a problem. And to answer the question I missed over our battle, yeah, Quagsire is good, but better fitting as a core - use someone to set up stealth rock or bring in someone after encoring.
I'm in. Username is EpicWes
(07-25-2009, 09:44 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 09:33 PM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't think wobbuffet should be banned, he is awesomely strong but a toxic is all it takes to beat him.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/wobbuffet

@Alex: Garchomp is strong, but not over powered. People have a lot of new toys to play with now - Garchomp must beware. Latias out runs him, Scisor shaves off 50% with CB'd technician bullet punch alone. Unless you let him set up, he wont be too much of a problem. And to answer the question I missed over our battle, yeah, Quagsire is good, but better fitting as a core - use someone to set up stealth rock or bring in someone after encoring.
Yache Berry/ Hachan Berry makes Garchomp a complete monster. Even in suspect testing for Smogon, Garchomp was still the most commonly used pokemon by far. It outclasses a whole lot of stuff and hits hard. Sure, it has a couple counters, but it wipes the floor with the rest of the tier.

All I know is that I'm gonna have Garchomp on my team.
In suspect Garchomp was also raped by many of the other suspects and even non suspect pokemon being used in the team building, regardless of the berry. Garchomp can also only hold one berry. Only one, which is more beneficial? Everyone carries both Dragon and Ice moves, your screwed either way, because if you carry the dragon berry you lost most of your health and now lose to Ice Shard, if you use the ice berry, you lose to faster dragon pokemon.
i should get some dragon moves on my team
I guess I'm just still in the mindset from when the game just came out. Every team had Garchomp and every team required a counter to it or you'll get swept.
I sweep with carnivine
That's a lot more difficult than sweeping with Garchomp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9