The VG Resource

Full Version: X-play reviews unfair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have only seen the show a couple of times but i have heard around the internet that those 2 are just biased idiots who take off stars on game series they dont like the series (sonic) for small problems. Is this true? If so than they shouldn't be allowed to be reviewers. Reviewers are supposed to like all types of games and not rate it down 3 stars just because its a game about an anime. (watching the show one time already told me that Adam was an idiot)
I love how they hate anime so much.

Here we review a MOTHERFUCKING ANIME GAME 1/5 SHIT GAME.

They are pretty biased either way.
But in their recent episodes they dont really review games anymore.
lol I love X-Play, I can really relate to the gamer life style.
X-play lost all creadbility when they Gave Too Human a 4/5

Actually, wait. Long before that.
too human was tight tho...
To be honest, X-Play sucks. Though they had some good reviews the last year, they didn't show SSBB as a nominee of their "Top 5". Though Super Mario Galaxy won for "Best Platformer" and was a nominee for "Game of 2007" (damn you Bioshock), and No More Heroes was still a nominee, still, I won't complain... yet.
(07-22-2009, 11:21 AM)Farrokh Bulsara Wrote: [ -> ]too human was tight tho...

Have you played a good game

like, ever?
(07-22-2009, 11:23 AM)Kinanza Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, X-Play sucks. Though they had some good reviews the last year, they didn't show SSBB as a nominee of their "Top 5". Though Super Mario Galaxy won for "Best Platformer" and was a nominee for "Game of 2007", and No More Heroes was still a nominee, still, I won't complain... yet.
Well...that's cause SSBB is a bad game compared to its predecessor Melee.

wait how the f*ck did no more heroes get a nomination? That game was boring as hell...
(07-22-2009, 11:24 AM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2009, 11:21 AM)Farrokh Bulsara Wrote: [ -> ]too human was tight tho...

Have you played a good game

like, ever?

yeah....i'm not sayin' too human is any ocarina of time or shadow of the colossus or anything but it was sorta neat...
(07-22-2009, 11:25 AM)Farrokh Bulsara Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2009, 11:23 AM)Kinanza Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, X-Play sucks. Though they had some good reviews the last year, they didn't show SSBB as a nominee of their "Top 5". Though Super Mario Galaxy won for "Best Platformer" and was a nominee for "Game of 2007", and No More Heroes was still a nominee, still, I won't complain... yet.
Well...that's cause SSBB is a bad game compared to its predecessor Melee.

wait how the f*ck did no more heroes get a nomination? That game was boring as hell...

It was? Huh.

NMH might be boring, but when you fight people, the game is badass. It also has an amazing soundtrack.
Adam: This game is an anime, i am bitching about things that don't really matter.

This game gets a 1...

out of 5.
i dont remember xplay hating anime at all, adam sessler loved those sim games did he not?
few games i own that are anime-related got all 4/5 and 5/5s from them

god what happened over the years?
oh and last night i caught 5 min. of it, they were talking about muramasa and how it looked amazing

btw all games i own were reviewed by xplay and got good scores, and theyre all good games too, VJ, Okami, Twewy, etc.<---all 5/5.

i dont really watch it anymore but im guessing it got worser just like the rest of the channel.
I think it's just Naruto they hate. I remember them giving Naruto games bad scores.

Also, everything got worse when they removed the awesome shows like Cinematech
I used to watch X-Play, but when they ceased running skits in favor of becoming a news/reviews only show, I got bored and stopped watching.

In fact all of G4 is terrible. I wish somebody would rescue Code Monkeys from G4 though. That's like the one show I still give a damn about and it's only a matter of time before G4 drives that into the ground.
(07-22-2009, 02:46 PM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to watch X-Play, but when they ceased running skits in favor of becoming a news/reviews only show, I got bored and stopped watching.

In fact all of G4 is terrible. I wish somebody would rescue Code Monkeys from G4 though. That's like the one show I still give a damn about and it's only a matter of time before G4 drives that into the ground.

didnt code monkeys get cancelled due to bad ratings?

its all COPS, CHEATERS, COPS, CHEATERS now.
G4 got a lot worse when they replaced all the cool tech shows with Cheaters and Cops 2.0. : |

As for X-Play, I catch it whenever I go to my mom's house to babysit, their reviews seem pretty fair and they DO talk about subjects that interest me...

Also, X-Play still does skits, I'm not sure where you're getting that info.
Pages: 1 2