The VG Resource

Full Version: Help needed extracting Gardening Mama sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on ripping sprites from the Gardening Mama game right now, since they're all so cute. Here's the first sheet. I'm having a problem with it though.

The only way I can get the sprites is from screenshots. That's not a huge problem. I played the game on my DS with a emulator card, so I can get my save file on my computer easily.

Thing is, I know it's easier to get them by extracting them using something like Tahaxan and Tile Molester. I've used that method on some sprites from other games, like Dragon Quest Heros: Rocket Slime. I just can't get it to work for Gardening Mama. I tried using all kinds of settings with lots of different data files in the game and Im still stuck.

Can anyone more experienced take a look at the game for me? I don't want someone else to do my work for me, but I could really use a hint.

Or are there some games you can't get the sprites that way? I'm kind of a noob.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all the files that show up when I open it with Tahaxan that aren't pallete files have the extension .saf. I can't find anything about that type online. (well, I found info on other .saf file types, but they didn't seem to be the same thing.)
Most games can't be ripped with Tahaxan
Gardening Mama is one of them
I also tried to open files in TM and GGD but there is nothing

However Cooking Mama 2 Dinner With Friends CAN be ripped with Tahaxan easily
So you may want to rip DWF. It uses the same sprites as GM anyways Tongue
There's a thread for this. It's one of the first things you see on the Sprite Discussion Board, so you have no excuse.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=3780

Post your question there.