The VG Resource

Full Version: tSR Challenge #11: Old Art Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Hey. Dex here. With Moz away for who knows how long, I'll be hosting your challenges for the time being. You are all VERY WELCOME to PM me challenge ideas and I'll review them for the next week. I'm quite open to suggestions.

Alright, on to the OLD ART REVISITED challenge! -

This week you are challenged to: Search deep into your hard-drive and find one of your oldest sprites/pixel-arts and remake it using whatever skill you've gained since then! If your oldest sprites have been deleted or lost somehow, find the oldest sprite you still have and remake it. You may ALSO find one of your oldest drawings and remake it in pixel form as well.

Rules:
Size: Any
Colors: Unlimited, but don't go crazy.
Animation: Optional
Transparency: Optional
Due Date: Sunday, July 26 12am GMT
Additional: You have the week to remake an old sprite/pixel/drawing. of yours. You may post your WIPs and entries in this topic.
before:

[Image: captainawesome.gif]

after:

[Image: captainawesome23164972433-iaza.gif]
It's like doctor manhattan on an acid trip
Hmm, might join this. Lord knows I've made a lot of shitty shit.
Ohohoho....!Me likey this!
I'll definitely be entering this challenge Big Grin
imo it would be more interesting if we had to use the same general restrictions as the old one (colours and size)
[Image: neo-rollout.png]
wipppppppppppp
Decided I'd give it a go:

Old (CAUTION: Will probably burn your eyes):
[Image: samusaran.png]

New:
[Image: samus2.gif]
[Image: samusg.png]

She's too thick, and the far leg's messed up, so this is still a WIP

I honestly can't believe I thought the old one looked good 5 years ago...
My first sprite. Haha, very terrible. Realy early wip though, too many things wrong to list. :p
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2580]
Don't use attachments lol
(07-21-2009, 11:34 PM)Fret Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use attachments lol

Theres nothing wrong with using attachments aslong as you put it in IMG tags, is there? Sorry for the off topicness.

-EDIT-
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2581]

I didn't want to waste another post to update this... Can anyone rotate the pic about 30 degrees, so it would look like he's kneeling or something? That or a name of a program that you can use to rotate pictures.
Nah, it's alright if you put in IMG tags, that way we don't have to click it and download it to see it.
Man I wish I had some of my REAL old stuff lying around somewhere (some real ugly "custom" RPG-Maker Charsets), but apparently my webspace where I saved them got deleted or something.
you can always try to pick old drawings from your early childhood o.-

@crow: not sure, but i remember mtpaint being able to rotate sprites w/o Antialiasing them. problem is, for such a simple sprite, i'd rather redraw it than screwing it with an automated rotation.
(07-23-2009, 03:18 AM)Vic Wrote: [ -> ]Man I wish I had some of my REAL old stuff lying around somewhere (some real ugly "custom" RPG-Maker Charsets), but apparently my webspace where I saved them got deleted or something.

Pretty much this. I wish I had my early stuff. :' (
Pages: 1 2 3