The VG Resource

Full Version: Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: linkicon.png]
[Image: linkspritesheettoonstyle.png]
edited with some sort of image editing software.
Is this in 3d? Cause you can't submit 3d things, only its textures.
I was going to say something about these not even looking like sprites

though it seems two people already have
(07-20-2009, 07:01 PM)Blackward Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to say something about these not even looking like sprites

though it seems two people already have
they look 3d but theyre not i was thinking they could be for platform games

cranky_cunt2acca03e

just because somehting has depth does not mean it is 3d, if it were 3d, the pixels o fhte textures would have been stretched over the polygons

its just shaded with a gradient
so beside the fact that they look 3d do you guys like them?
The DKC games used 3D models as the base for their pre-rendered sprites. The colour count may be somewhat higher in these, but they don't really seem all that different.
(07-20-2009, 08:32 PM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]The DKC games used 3D models as the base for their pre-rendered sprites. The colour count may be somewhat higher in these, but they don't really seem all that different.
I feel real dumb when I say this but what is DKC?
Donkey Kong Country.
(07-20-2009, 08:40 PM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]Donkey Kong Country.

Oh ive never played it before im going to go look at it to try to understand what you said .

Edit:
Oh yeah I did play that game when I was a kid lol !
DKC used prerendered sprites.

this looks like cheap screeshots of something else, not to mention th walking and runing sequences are poorly cropped so they barely make sense. if anything, looks like a model edit of something else.

you really have no idea what pre-rendered sprites are.
It's not the same style, sure, but those aren't screencaps of an official 3D model either.

Not really our place to argue about sprite medium differences here, but rather talk about how to improve his sprites. I think they could use an outline and a colour count drop to make them look more like sprites.
OR you could actually pixel them instead of using cheap effects to make a sprite.
okay i will consider everything everyone sai when i fix these sprites but it probably wont be for a while lol! Oh and Kaikimi plz dont comment on things you dnt kno about plz because i didnt use any effects to make them look like that mabey you cant do it but its not that hard to make something look like that it just takes lots of time