The VG Resource

Full Version: What program should you use to rotate sprites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't seem to find one that doesn't make them blurry..

Can anyone help?
Go to MSPaint and make the sprites by hand.
Lunyka Wrote:Go to MSPaint and make the sprites by hand.

I know there are easier ways....
MS Paint isn't one of them
You gain more of a sence of pride in your work if you do it by hand and I guess Photoshop won't make things blurry as long as you tell it not to.
Lunyka Wrote:You gain more of a sence of pride in your work if you do it by hand and I guess Photoshop won't make things blurry as long as you tell it not to.

Okay thanks
Graphics gale, the sprites won't get blurry but you will have to do some editing...
... or you could just not rotate precisely-defined images like sprites by any number of degrees other than multiples of 90. Rolleyes
but that looks really, really choppy Rolleyes
rot sprite
tomster785 Wrote:but that looks really, really choppy Rolleyes

unless it's vector it will always look choppy Rolleyes
Nick is right, pixels are not very kind to being rotated, they blur and lose their form pretty quick if you do it too many times. If you're intent on rotation, vector it.
mozzy Wrote:rot sprite

Only correct answer in this thread. Doesn't require much neatening, either.
Well, I use Game Maker for that *and to test the animation, too*
photoshop and I turn the quality of rotation to "Nearest Pixel [fastest]" then you just edit it a bit and if the sprite is large enough it should be too bad. The smaller the sprite, the harder it's going to be to rotate it though.
Gorsal beat me to it, but I'll post anyway. Download Gamemaker, just for the built in sprite editor (not the best to sprite in, but it's great for rotation). It's amazing how this program can do so much more than MSpaint, and it's freeware.
Pages: 1 2