The VG Resource

Full Version: H.A.V.E. Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kotaku.com/5306691/korean-pc-game...fortress-2

okay
so I decided to play Team Fortress 2 one day and it updated on me
instinctively, I went on the TF2 blog to see what the update was
Valve posted nothing on the matter, so I had to turn to the Steam forums to see what happened with the update
one particular topic caught my attention
some Steam forumer posted a topic about a Team Fortress 2 ripoff
of course, being the guy I am, I decided to see what the whole discussion was (seeing as how it had about fifteen pages and counting)
I found a little Korean game called H.A.V.E. Online

Now, most of the Steam forumers are up in arms about this game, making petitions and shit about how Valve needs to stop this game's production
all because everyone thinks it's a complete Team Fortress 2 ripoff
but then again, they're Steam forumers, so little to expect here

What do you guys think? Personally, the anime aspect kinda pisses me off a little, but overall it seems like a solid game. And I don't see why everyone's calling it a Team Fortress 2 ripoff; sure, it's got similar concepts, but
really
a LOT of the game isn't even remotely CLOSE to what Team Fortress 2 has
:<

also the company making this game is Triforce Studio <_>
The trailer certainly made it look TF2-esque, but after seeing a gameplay video I can assure you the two games are nothing alike. H.A.V.E. even looks fun in its own respective way.
Quote:Personally, the anime aspect kinda pisses me off a little, but overall it seems like a solid game. And I don't see why everyone's calling it a Team Fortress 2 ripoff; sure, it's got similar concepts, but
really
a LOT of the game isn't even remotely CLOSE to what Team Fortress 2 has
:<
It looks all TF2 like, but its HUD & gameplay is similar to Battlefield Heroes
The problem here is in marketing. The ad on kotaku looks a lot like it's trying to be TF2. The camerawork (does it count as camerawork? YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) and the music are pretty similar to some of the stuff in the "Meet The--" videos.

If a game has a similar appeal then of course the advertising's going to be similar too, but they've swung too far I think.
There are a couple scenes in the trailer that take the same angles and scenarios directly from TF2

Even the example character using the grenades (which looks very TF2-esque) has an eyepatch!

The "rocketjumping" soldier-type character also has a similiar arm-waving animation as he soars through the air :c

All of this aside, the character creation looks great, the gameplay seems solid and doesn't even appear to be class-based (considering in one of the gameplay videos the player used a rocket launcher and then swapped to a sniper rifle on the fly)

I think it might actually turn out pretty fun and I am willing to give it a shot if it's F2P!

cranky_cunt2acca03e

every game using unreal engine should sue each other because all their FPS's look alike too
The game looks alot of TF2, but its entirely just the appearance of it. Gameplay wise it looks quite different.

I agree that the trailer appears to look like its based on several of the "Meet The..." videos from TF2 but overall, it looks like a very different game.

People need to stop whining about games being the same. I don't remember people whining about Saint's Row being a clone of GTA.
I'd rather say it has nothing to do with TF2. as far as i know, there are no killer loli anime maidens figthing with Tekken 5 Mokujins in any of TF2's incarnations.

all in all, looks more like another FPS game out there, with a third person perspective and added extra humor.