The VG Resource

Full Version: DRACULA MAY CRY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First sprite in forever that has something to do with shading, guys~

No, honestly, whenever I played Devil May Cry, I always think of Castlevania

so I sat down and thought about what to sprite up, and then
this came up

[Image: DraculaMayCry.png]

still deciding if I should sheet this or make a bunch of characters in one of the Castlevania DS styles

but this is a first for me in forever and I'm kinda happy with the results :>
The first two sprites (going from the left) are marvelous! I don't think you can make any *major* changes to make it better!

Moving further to the right, looking at the girl, her right leg (our left) I think looks a bit off. It connects with the rest of the body in an odd manor, which I believe is because of the way she's standing. The angle of the leg is clashing with the rest of the sprite.

And the only compliant I have for the last one is that the head needs to be just a tad bit bigger.

Good work! =D
Uhm, fairly sure the first 3 sprites are from Castelvania.
Really? Well, color me embarassed. xD

Well, I still have those complaints for the original spriter, then! Darn professionals...

I never played the game, so I didn't know...sorry man. xD
The colour you've used for the outline feels too dark, darker than the others, anyway.
That, and his head looks like he's looking down, which is a little odd.
To fix the head looking down, all you have to do is get rid of some of the hair on the right (his left) side.
Also, I think his shoulders look too big. Could just be me.
That's pretty good. Compared to my skillz, I would say that they are the work of a professional. I should practice some.