The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman Star Force Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently had the opportunity to rip textures from the game. I got down to it and ripped everything in the archive which is most battle textures.

They are zipped.
[Image: mmsf1textures_tsr_icon.png]
Wow, you've covered a whole lot - not to mention that this is something that's been asked for for a while.

Can I request that these be renamed and reorganised into sub-uploads? For example, an upload of virus textures, EM-Being textures, and special effects textures?

As they are I can recognise what goes where (after having played SF1 to death), but even then, the names of a few enemies, or what the special effects represent elude me some. Renaming the sheets would make it easier for those who don't know the game so well.
Well I never renamed it because that's the internal name. In some cases, that's enough and even I can't recognize everything. I guess it can be sorted out. But will I have to make more buttons? I can reupload categorized ZIPs.
Wow, You got alot of them! Pretty sweet rip, But I agree with Grooveman that they should be split into categories.

Also, Is it possible to rip the models too?, The probably wouldn't be accepted to the site, but it would be pretty cool to see.
(07-17-2009, 02:47 PM)megarockexe Wrote: [ -> ]Well I never renamed it because that's the internal name. In some cases, that's enough and even I can't recognize everything. I guess it can be sorted out. But will I have to make more buttons? I can reupload categorized ZIPs.

I'd be willing to help out if that was the case. :V

As far as I can see there would be 3 separate uploads:
Viruses (Along with matching attack effects)
EM-Beings (With Effects)
Misc. Textures (Battle effects that don't belong to anything or are otherwise unrecogniseable)
And might as well include panels. For whatever reason I didn't rip those completely.
That would be sweet. My memory's a little hazy, but don't battle stages have unique backgrounds? I recall that fighting on the Wave Road will give you a sky backdrop with clouds, and fighting Wolf Woods gave a unique backdrop too. No idea if those are regular sprites or textures, though.

Thanks again for doing these by the way! Do you know if SF2 and 3 use the same coding methods for the textures?
I ripped most basic backgrounds and they're already on the site. So I guess I'll just sort them and reupload them.
I'm halfway done with SF2's textures and am completely done with SF3's thousands of textures.
Here is the sorted rip.
http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=75645

And the new icons for them.
[Image: sf1_viruses_tsr_icon.png] [Image: sf1_effects_tsr_icon.png]
Sweet, good job. =)
The panels icon. Now that covers everything.
[Image: panels_tsr_icon.png]
How exactly are these sorted in the zip?
Looking at what I've downloaded -
All textures belonging to a specific category of item are in one rip. The individual sheets aren't named beyond the original filename code, but textures belonging to the same object are *mostly* grouped together.
They should also be sorted in placing order. The number increases the farther down it was in the original archive.