The VG Resource

Full Version: portrait(NEED CRITS FROM GOOD ARTISTS!!!!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pixelarts.png]

wip. crits please. people who dont do anime preferably.
Looks fine so far. I think you should make the head a little less round around the ears, but that's just me and I could easily be wrong, my anatomy is far from perfect :l
Whoa. Looks interesting.

The darker shade at the left looks too straight, I'd say. Let's him miss facial structure (cheekbones?).

Those ear shape looks odd to me. Probably it'd help to make them rounder (top and bottom).
The way you're shading the face makes it seem metallic, unless that's what you're going for, you should fix it.
I dislike where you placed the highlight on his left (our right) cheek. It should be more of a round highlight in the middle of the cheek, unless the ligthosurce is coming from somewhere right next to the side of the head
What EpicWes said. And there should be a glare in the right glass of the glasses since the light source is coming from the side.

I'm not sure if youre gonna keep the eyebrows like they are currently but they should go thin at one point(since you're going for realism obviously and not anime/cartoon/whatever)instead of having both sides of the eyebrows squared off.

Also, is he suppose to have good facial bone structure(ya know, where the cheek bone is more apparant looking, I don't know how to explain it XP)? Because it seems like his cheek on the left has more depth.

Overall, this is outstanding and one of the best things you've made. I love the pallete.
Loving the colors.

Also:

CUH-RIT
[Image: tf2_soldier.jpg]
the ears are a bit oddly shaped
[Image: shawnedit.gif]
i focused mostly on the feature construction. things were missing; such as nostrils and upper lip. I fudged some of your detail work in my edit but you get the idea.
JWW ; 3;
I love you. All of you!

Anyway, I've been playing Pikmin so I haven't gotten much further but I did take the crits into consideration.

[Image: pixelarts.png]

I think its better!
I was going to crit about the highlight, but you changed it, and I think it looks better now.
I know it's a WIP, but you should do something to make the glasses appear more glass-y. Add a highlight, probably.
Yepp, much better =) Colors work well, man.

Rakia is right about the glasses, but I'm sure you'll get to that in due time!

Can we expect a cool hairdo? Big Grin

cranky_cunt2acca03e

may i suggest a swap of colors? it looks fine and id's like youto finish it, but i made a palette swaap. i kept you darkest color btw, and made the new darkest color an alomost black color, which replaced your second darkest color.

too bad this color change made your lips and nse look terrible so i fixed them up and think it look quite NICe IMO
[Image: shawn.png]

also i just saw this when i uploaded butt the left part of the jaw got erased. oh well easy fix
Looks amazing what are planning to make it for?