The VG Resource

Full Version: W.I.P Custom Mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MarioJSS.png]

Started as an attempt at Mario in JSS/JUS style but he seems a bit short for that. What are your thoughts?
not JSS style. Basically a crapped version of SMW Mario.
(07-12-2009, 12:41 PM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]not JSS style. Basically a crapped version of SMW Mario.

I said it started as an attempt at JSS/JUS, just a plain custom now. Anyhow any specific criticism instead of your stupidity? Or did you just forget to type what was wrong with it? Anyhow... I used the SMW Mario as a base with a few other things like colour changes, reshading, eye changes, ect.
Alright, I'll C+C it 'properly' then.

Your sprite, as I said before, it's crap. Why? It doesn't resemble JUS style after all. It IS an attempt, yes, but a pretty piss-poor one. It is NOT custom, too (Goddamn, when will people learn?). Custom is when your sprite is made from scratch, and an edit is when you get an already-made sprite and modify it slighty. Therefore, your sprite is an edit.

Aside from that, almost everything is wrong: the anatomy should match the characters in-game, the shading contradict itself, Mario's face is all 'dirty' making him darker, you used brown outline for blue and the colors you've chosen aren't great.

I did not forget anything: all that I had to say was that. Basically, what I'm telling you to do is scrap this and restart.

Why you used SMW style to make a JSS styled sprite is beyond my comprehension.
(07-12-2009, 01:10 PM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I'll C+C it 'properly' then.

Your sprite, as I said before, it's crap. Why? It doesn't resemble JUS style after all. It IS an attempt, yes, but a pretty piss-poor one. It is NOT custom, too (Goddamn, when will people learn?). Custom is when your sprite is made from scratch, and an edit is when you get an already-made sprite and modify it slighty. Therefore, your sprite is an edit.

Aside from that, almost everything is wrong: the anatomy should match the characters in-game, the shading contradict itself, Mario's face is all 'dirty' making him darker, you used brown outline for blue and the colors you've chosen aren't great.

I did not forget anything: all that I had to say was that. Basically, what I'm telling you to do is scrap this and restart.

Why you used SMW style to make a JSS styled sprite is beyond my comprehension.

Thanks. Though it wasn't positive it made sense and was logical.
well, I can't give sugar-coated comments forever, can I? Tongue

sorry, but we need to be harsh sometimes. Or else, people will never improve. That's what I say...