The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art]John Talbain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: jtalbainlineartfinish.png]

From Darkstalkers, my fav. and best character. Finished the lineart version, soon I'm gonna color it since I've figured out what colors to use.
finish it
Coloring now, and I cleaned up some tidbits too, it'll be done soon.
[Image: jtalbainfinish.png]

finished
Very nice and clean. Though I'm not familiar with the character.

How do you get your lines so clean? Do you use different size brushes/pencils? Whenever I sketch something in corel/photoshop, they look so wobbly and varying.

btw, you're pretty much my favorite artist on the interwebs, everything you do is so inspirational and unique.
Wow that looks awesome.

[moz edit] It isn't necessary to quote such a huge image.
I love you

(07-11-2009, 06:36 PM)moz Wrote: [ -> ]Though I'm not familiar with the character.
it looks like somebody didn't play one of Capcom's best discontinued fighting games ever.
Alongside Rival Schools.
The only game i've ever played by capcom was minish cap and about 5 minutes of mega man two.
(07-11-2009, 09:04 PM)moz Wrote: [ -> ]The only game i've ever played by capcom was minish cap and about 5 minutes of mega man two.

I can't take this post seriously
and I'm trying hard

like, how many games have you played in your entire life, two dozens of them?
I'm really not that much of a gamer tbh. I play most of the big names, but its hard to get into anything else. rarely have time for them anyway.
I love Darkstalkers (and Rival Schools), and Talbain is my favorite next to Anakaris. Awesome work, Jar.

I dunno about the tail, it looks like porcelain instead of fur. Probably because of how you put those darker shades on the edges of the second shade. Hope you got what I meant.
yeah im not seeing it, the edges were done like that on purpose and theyre not that noticible to me to look like something else. and who said fur can't be shiny? but thanks anyways.
His left arm looks alot shorter than his right one.
Right lets have some crits that are actually helpful since you guys tend to just go "THIS IS WRONG" rather than saying how it can be fixed.

First I am thinking that you should hunch him up some more - the shoulders are looking really straight and the whole top half is lacking energy. There's only so much you can do with a static pose of course, but compared to the legs it just looks too calm.

I don't think the fur's looking too shiny but it's definitely looking too smooth in places, mostly on the tail. The hair there's gotta be pretty long but you've shaded it as though it's like one solid mass rather than hair. Try making the edges more jagged like you have on the mane to make it look less like a smooth surface.

I'm really digging how you've shaded this c:
[Image: jtalbainfinish.png]

thank you Epistaxis(or whatever you want to be called now), I also edited bits of the shading, see if you can spot it out.

and zac, it only appeared that way because you can't see under his arm on the right, but I edited it anyway to not make it seem that way.

And as for the tail, in his official artwork its pretty much the same case, its shaded as one big mass with like 0-2 lines going through it, I actually added more detail into it than the original, but idk I edited slightly.
Pages: 1 2