The VG Resource

Full Version: E.V.O.: Search for Eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a while, but I figured I'd try ripping a few sprites again. It all started a couple nights ago when I was bored as hell, so I downloaded a ROM of E.V.O.: Search for Eden (an old SNES game that revolves around evolving prehistoric creatures) to replay, and after beating it I realized it was a great game with a lot of great sprites, yet very few people had actually tried ripping from it.

So, I thought I'd go ahead and rip the game apart for everyone to enjoy, starting with general sprites and graphics, then moving onto the player character (which will be very tedious, as there are tons of body parts and evolutions to have to rip), and if I'm not dead by then, maybe backgrounds and map graphics.

It'll be a bit of work, but at least it'll give me something to do for now. I went ahead and ripped the opening sequence to the game. Look out for more sheets in the future, which I'll post here in this thread.

[Image: evointro.png]
yes! Thank you for this, I always thought we needed more people ripping. Good luck with the body parts though. :v
Those are cool.

I believe you can save yourself the trouble of getting the evolutionary parts and enemies for the first two chapters.

If I recall correctly (and just checked the maps and chapter image sheets to confirm), good luck getting the chapter 3 evolutionary parts. I think that's the dinosaur chapter that also has the bird evolution.

There's also the marine mammals in I think it was chapter 4 or 5.

Again, cool sheet. And good luck.
Mmhmm. It's gonna be hell getting all those body parts... fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, both land AND sea, and also the special transormations and evolutions. But, I'm sure I'll find a way.

Thanks for showing interest, peeps.
Are you going to rip animget way (snapshots) or you're going to use something like title molester?
Using animget maybe you should find gamegenie or whatever codes, or even one hacked rom to make your work way easier (it's so easier to rip without having to worry (much)) and keep a collection of savestates just in case.
Sorry for the slowness, I've been away from home lately, so it'll be a bit before things pick up again.
(07-20-2009, 02:28 AM)Valigarmander Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the slowness, I've been away from home lately, so it'll be a bit before things pick up again.

Small world.