The VG Resource

Full Version: TSR Challenge #10:Bad Manner Poster Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Video Game Manner Poster Challenge!

This week you are challenged to: Create a bad manners poster of video game characters in the style of the Tokyo Subway Manner Posters. These posters are actually really well known and are a popular collectible thing over in Japan Land. I thought they looked pretty cool and that they would make a fun challenge.

Rules:
Size:
Template provided. (only within the inner most and yellow box)
Colors: White, Black, Yellow (Provided)
Animation: No
Transparency: No
Due Date: Sunday 12am GMT July 20th
Additional: The Idea is to create a poster displaying the bad manners of of video game characters. For example, (I always use Mario as an example I know) I would pixel Mario stomping on a Goomba, or throwing balls of fire at things with a little text saying not to do it at the bottom like in the posters (but please for the love of god be more original than that). Dithering can be used to replace the dot style if you want. Though try to stay as close to the original as possible. You may also add a
"Please do it in/at ___________" like in the original if you want. NPA text is also allowed. No, you may not change the size of the poster.
Font: Malgun Gothic: Size 8

Template (shrunk for reasonability):
[Image: mannerstemplate.png]
Mind I ask if we have to use a font similar to the header of the poster or it doesn't matter?
Malgun Gothic, Please use size 8.

Also, I use Vista, dunno if its the same on all computers. Font isn't important.
I'm expecting a "don't use drugs" Poster with Mario eating a mushroom...

oh and I'm joining this...
I've got an idea.
I'm in
Please Do it at Mushroom Kingdom
Mario steping on the Shrooms of a park.

Please Do it at Hirule
Link entering a house and breaking jars.

Please do it at home.
Samus going around on her zero suit.

Please do it at home.
Two tetris blocks on top of each other.

and so on.
Please do it at home.
Master Chief shooting the shotgun at Guilty Spark in the Library.
That template isn't exactly appealing... Do we have to use that exact one?
Here's the template with some anti-aliasing and slightly thicker lines.
[Image: mannerstemplate.png]
Also, I notice the three color restriction, but are we allowed to AA?
Its up to Moz, but I'm guessing you'll be able to since the original pic had it. Still I'd go without it for now unless he says you can.
I'd say its not really necesary to AA on this one. Neither the Text has to.
No actual spriting required...newfound knowledge of the dos and do nots of these challenges...

I'll do it. And this time I'll speak with a bit more tact, I didn't mean to offend anyone last time...
(07-08-2009, 10:42 PM)-Headcrab- Wrote: [ -> ]That template isn't exactly appealing... Do we have to use that exact one?
Yes you do (updated with Shadow's)

You can AA the black with the yellow I guess, but it isn't necessary.
I actually made the panel a little bit smaller so I could fit the the "Please do it at..." subcaption under "Manners" and pulled the yellow off of the original poster as the one provided was too bright. Is that okay?
Pages: 1 2 3 4