The VG Resource

Full Version: My work in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please move this thread if its not supposed to be here. I really don't want to screw up while I'm here. Right now I'm working on ripping/editing sprites from Metroid II. They are supposed to look like a sheet made by Infinity's End, only with Metroid II sprites instead of Super.

Its not done, but here is my progress:
[Image: wip.png]
I had some others but they got all fucked up so I'm currently fixing them.
you mean this?
[Image: metroidII04.gif]
(07-07-2009, 09:35 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]you mean this?
[Image: metroidII04.gif]

Yes. I'm editing the ending sprites of Metroid II. I'm editing the Armored Samus so she's wearing the Power, Varia, Gravity, Phazon, Light, Dark & PED Suits, plus Dark Samus, all in color. Plus Power & Varia in black & white.

As for suitless, she's wearing all her bikinis over the Metroid series.

Is it good so far?
Edit: Justin Bailey part done. Working on changing the shape of the actual suit.

Please critique these. I think I messed up on the Zero Suit, but I'm not sure.

[Image: wip2b.th.png]
(07-07-2009, 04:40 PM)Prime Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Justin Bailey part done. Working on changing the shape of the actual suit.

that's kinda how Zero suit looks like in ssbb either way it looks good
(07-07-2009, 06:58 PM)Daisydoll Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2009, 04:40 PM)Prime Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Justin Bailey part done. Working on changing the shape of the actual suit.

that's kinda how Zero suit looks like in ssbb either way it looks good

Thank you.

I am currently doing suited Samus now. It will have Power, Varia, Gravity, Phazon, Light, Dark & PED Suits, plus Power & Varia in black & white.

Also, the suits in Fusion. Did I mess up on Zero Suit?

Anyways, here's my progress on Fusion Suit. I modified the shape to make the Power Suit, then modified further to make Fusion.

[Image: wip3k.png]
Edit: Now I've finished the Fusion Suit. Here:

[Image: wip4.png]
I thought the Fusion Suit was radically different than the others; mainly because it was a lot less bulky. They just used the colors from the Fusion Suit and slapped 'em into Brawl on the actual model without making the actual Fusion Suit.

I could be wrong though, last time I played Metroid Fusion was when I was like, 14
(07-09-2009, 01:54 PM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Fusion Suit was radically different than the others; mainly because it was a lot less bulky. They just used the colors from the Fusion Suit and slapped 'em into Brawl on the actual model without making the actual Fusion Suit.

I could be wrong though, last time I played Metroid Fusion was when I was like, 14

Well it is. & yes, they did slap the colors onto Samus' model. But, well, you can only get so close.

Its alright though, right?
You should change the outline colour on Justin Bailey to pure black, because right now the outline just looks gray and all the sprites clash with them selves. You might want to lower the saturation on some of the blue's too.
(07-09-2009, 02:23 PM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ]You should change the outline colour on Justin Bailey to pure black, because right now the outline just looks gray and all the sprites clash with them selves. You might want to lower the saturation on some of the blue's too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Anyway, Fusion Suits are done. Here:

[Image: wip.png]
(07-09-2009, 02:44 PM)Prime Guy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I don't understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorfulness

in a simple explanation, Saturation refers to how intense a color is. MSPaint's default red is absolutely saturated, while a gray is completely desaturated. when a color is way too saturated, its often said that it literally burns your retina.
those would look really cool if you shaded them
wich makes me think this is basically dolling using said sprite as a base. wich at the same time, makes no sense to not shade them properly, since making them look like nes sprites doesnt seem to be the goal of this.