The VG Resource

Full Version: The World ends for You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 21b9j5d.png]
around 20 colors... and well, my main concernt is to make a credible nuclear explosion.

PS: forgot the WIP :V
What's with the red stars? Blank

Other than that, it's pretty wicked, though I think the foreground could be improved with a bit... Just don't ask me how, it just sticks out a bit too much.
I think they're explosion particles.
It looks good, but you could make the explosion smoother. And since the explosion is a big lightsource, the stars nearby it should be ofuscated.
I love the spiraly clouds at the bottom of the explosion. nice job
You could probably get rid of a lot of the stars to make the explosion stand out even more.
I see you also added two Bombermen, eh? Cool, that fits the explosion too. Smile
(07-07-2009, 10:21 AM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]You could probably get rid of a lot of the stars to make the explosion stand out even more.

I agree with this, I think it'd draw more focus to ground zero (and naturally the bright light from it would likely prevent the visibility of the stars)
That's amazing.

Edit: I just noticed the bombermen. The foreground makes sense to me now.
It still needs to be cleaned up quite a bit more, too messy atm, but this only applies assuming its finished, which I'm guessing it is since you posted the wip.
Don't like the colors tbh
Looks a tad messy, and needs a more recognizable mushroom shape. It needs less stars around the bomb area and more darkness, to add a good effect.

A heat wave/expanding ring thing coming from it would be good to add, as well as structures on the ground turning to dust at a distance.

Also, the red outlines on the area with the bombermans, it's present even on areas where the light wouldn't normally reach, like the bottom part of the pipe.. It gives an ugly strange neon effect Imo.

What I do like is the ground under the explosion, the kickass spiky effect there. Im definetly looking forward to this.
oh yeah, certainly its not a finished work. i would like an edit from anyone who would like to show examples on how i could improve said things. note i'm not saying "you should do it for yourself bla bla bla", but rather see some graphical examples so i could understand better.
http://www.fisica.ufs.br/CorpoDocente/os...plosao.jpg
http://andre.darkbot.googlepages.com/Ato...-large.jpg
you could use this as a ref, so you can see where the lighter parts should be, how the smokes act on a explosion like this, the shape etc.

I hope that helps you.