The VG Resource

Full Version: Hitler Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I have a couple Hitler sprites I made. The one on the left is loosly based off of Cyan from FF6 (its really changed around though) and the one on the right is the overworld sprite and is loosly based off of Yang/Edge from FF4.
I may be doing full sheets with these, I dont know...

Anyways, does anyone have suggestions for these? Thanks I really appreciate you guys
By the way, I'm not Nazi, **I just think Hitler can be funny especially with his little sprite as Kefka using the FF6 sprite editor**
**edit- take this out
I was expecting this to be funny. The sprites are too small, so I can't laugh at them. Plus, I seriously don't think you should be posting any Nazi-related things in this forum.
Colton Wrote:I was expecting this to be funny. The sprites are too small, so I can't laugh at them. Plus, I seriously don't think you should be posting any Nazi-related things in this forum.
If anyone is actually offended by the mention of Nazis, I think they're overreacting just a bit.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how these are funny, I mean.... Whoa, it's Hitler, okay. That doesn't really make me laugh, but whatever.

Also, I'm not sure how to judge the sprites as I'm not really familiar with the style or game, so I can't tell what's custom and what isn't, although you said something about using a sprite editor. Can you elaborate?
Well, I take it back that they are supposed to be "funny." They are supposed to be FF6 and 4 styled Hitler sprites.
And sorry if they're too small but I was basing them off of Super NES/ Famicom Final Fantasy sprites, which are that size.
chibikefka Wrote:Well, I take it back that they are supposed to be "funny." They are supposed to be FF6 and 4 styled Hitler sprites.
And sorry if they're too small but I was basing them off of Super NES/ Famicom Final Fantasy sprites, which are that size.
Okay, fine with me. Could you explain what you meant by "sprite editor," though? I'm still not sure what you meant.
Well, I'm not over-reacting, it's just that here in the gold old USA, I heard it's illegal to draw a Swastika. Not exactly sure, and I know this isn't a Swastika, but still. But please make them bigger. And the only reason someone would laugh at Hitler is because he looks.... uuhhh... wierd?
Sol Wrote:
Colton Wrote:I was expecting this to be funny. The sprites are too small, so I can't laugh at them. Plus, I seriously don't think you should be posting any Nazi-related things in this forum.
If anyone is actually offended by the mention of Nazis, I think they're overreacting just a bit.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how these are funny, I mean.... Whoa, it's Hitler, okay. That doesn't really make me laugh, but whatever.

Also, I'm not sure how to judge the sprites as I'm not really familiar with the style or game, so I can't tell what's custom and what isn't, although you said something about using a sprite editor. Can you elaborate?

Well, for one thing, they aren't really supposed to be funny--my bad.
Also what is custom in these sprites is mostly everything. The outline of body parts and things like eye location is very similar to that of Cyan's sprite from FF6 (refering to the sprite on the left) and to that of Yang and Edge from FF4 (refering to the sprite on the right).
About the sprite editor-- There is a program called Finay Fantasy vi Sprite Editor that allows you to edit the sprite sheets of characters and monsters from FF6 and save the changes onto a rom. So I was thinking maybe I could do a full sheet for Hitler and replace it with kefka's (the main villain of the game) sheet.
chibikefka Wrote:Well, I take it back that they are supposed to be "funny." They are supposed to be FF6 and 4 styled Hitler sprites.

Sorry, the Finay Fantasy vi Sprite Editor that allows you to edit the sprite sheets of characters and monsters from FF6 and save the changes onto a rom.
Colton Wrote:Well, I'm not over-reacting, it's just that here in the gold old USA, I heard it's illegal to draw a Swastika. Not exactly sure, and I know this isn't a Swastika, but still. But please make them bigger. And the only reason someone would laugh at Hitler is because he looks.... uuhhh... wierd?

In the USA you're allowed to draw pretty much whatever you want under the First Amendment Right, with certain trademark exceptions.
Zee Wrote:
Colton Wrote:Well, I'm not over-reacting, it's just that here in the gold old USA, I heard it's illegal to draw a Swastika. Not exactly sure, and I know this isn't a Swastika, but still. But please make them bigger. And the only reason someone would laugh at Hitler is because he looks.... uuhhh... wierd?

In the USA you're allowed to draw pretty much whatever you want under the First Amendment Right, with certain trademark exceptions.

Right, but can someone please help me/comment on my sprites?
^___^
Zee Wrote:

Right, but can someone please help me/comment on my sprites?
^___^

Colton Wrote:Well, I'm not over-reacting, it's just that here in the USA, I heard it's illegal to draw a Swastika.

It's not illegal, but it's just dubious/unsavroy/rude/racist to draw a Swastika in attempt to offend and I don't think he was trying to offend anyone though.
Download the image directly from imageshack, then we can really see the detail.
CoolYoshi Wrote:Download the image directly from imageshack, then we can really see the detail.

i dont know how to do that. can't you just resize it with paint or gamemaker?
go to imageshack.us make an acount and upload it