The VG Resource

Full Version: Shaman King fan character.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: j742a1.png] eyeh, no name for him yet and such, all custom, and lastly new style for me, so critique but dont be rude.
[Image: 1679swm.png] and another, this one my own style. both are completely custom.
its clear that they are hand made, dont worry.

the first thing that comes to my mind is anatomy. the characters, as they are now, have a somehow decent relation of proportion, but still they seem quite off. if you try to draw an skeleton or a wireframe out of them you'll notice that some joints are off, some of the limbs are way too small and other just doesnt make sense or doesnt exist(for example, the one at the left has no elbow on his right arm, and the thumb is coming out from where the elbow should be). I know its quite a pain to work on details when the sprite itself is of such small size, and for the same reason, you have to be quite wise in terms of what can be done, what has to be done, and what could be ignored. faces are always a must, but fingers could be ignored most of the time as they them to clutter too much and end being a mess. i'd reccomend to look at some of the jump super star sprites, specially at the ones of shamman king(if they are) so you could get ideas on how working on the details, the faces and the shading also. keep it simple, dont over do it. remember its better that the viewer could understand and read what your character is doing and what is every part of it.
thank you, someone who finally gives some real critique, i will get on it tomorrow, for i have to work early and i need sleep.[Image: 2rh8j90.png] also, i recolored my other character into JUS style, which style is better looking?
both are awfully bad as they are now.
well by tonight, you'll see a new style from me, im gonna try something totally different than what i normally do so lets hope it turns out for the good.
[Image: 2uhlbaa.png]sorry for double post but here is take two.
The hair looks weird, and the left arm looks a little too short.

But, the style itself look decent enough.
(07-07-2009, 05:28 PM)halfangelfreak Wrote: [ -> ]The hair looks weird, and the left arm looks a little too short.

But, the style itself look decent enough.

[Image: 2c0gn7.png] well there's fixed h air.
He's unbalanced - looks like he's leaning backwards. Firing a gun like that would probably have him fall over.
alright, i shall fix that, is there anything else wrong with him?
His shirt is shaded like he has lumps underneath it. His pants are shaded like they just came out of a dryer and need to be steamed flat. His right arm's sleeve is magically hanging in the air. The left arm is either a super long sleeve that oddly has no wrist room or his shaded wrong. The mouth looks more like the bottom of the head, make it a more human colour. The hair is shaded completely wrong and looks like a jumbled mess. Also his right arm seems to be really short and lacking of an elbow.
Stop using JUS style, its a pretty horrible style itself
im not using JUS anymore, and whoever said his mouth needs natural colors, those are lip piercings.
Quote:I know its quite a pain to work on details when the sprite itself is of such small size, and for the same reason, you have to be quite wise in terms of what can be done, what has to be done, and what could be ignored

trying to put piercings in his lips, when they're basically a 1px line in a 4x4px area... that really works agaisnt readbility. there are featyures that you simply cant put in a face of that size, since there is no way to make it easily readable FOR THE VIEWER w/o an explanation.

may i ask you for a mroe detailed pic/reference of the said character?
Pages: 1 2