The VG Resource

Full Version: Teenage Claus from MOTHER3 spritesheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched all over the internet for something like this, but I got nothing. So, I made one myself and put two versions up on starmen.net. It was a huge hit, judging from the number of downloads (over 1000 downloads for each version!)

[attachment=270]

Somebody said I should put it here at Spriters' Resource, so here's the latest version. Bear in mind that not all frames were direct rips, Teenage Claus's sprites were so hard to find in the game that I was lucky to get ALL directions of his idle and talking poses. I had to adlib with the rest based on a spritesheet of Teenage Lucas... (somebody made Older Lucas already, so it would be moot to post it here.)

Well, enjoy!
Pretty cool job. I'm not sure, but I think he may actually have sprites as a teenager in the game data. I'll have to ask RTB. If not, awesome work.
Um, some things.
1. I see the same exact sprites on TSR already. I compared both, and the sprites look the same, therefor, it's useless to submit already ripped sprites, unless you got more sprites than the older sheet,
2. It's a BMP. TSR only accepts PNG's and GIF's.
3. No icon. Meaning if it WAS able to get accepted (meaning the two above things would have to be false), it'd take longer to get posted.
Yeah, it's a nice rip (if you didn't steal them, that is), so you're off to a good start (if you didn't steal them). But rip something that HASN'T been ripped, or something that's incompletely ripped.
Yeah, I've seen the sheet on starmen.net...

Though, I have heard if you go into the debug room during the illusion on Tanehineri Island and put Claus in your party, you get his teenage sprites. I'm not sure if this is true, though.
Colton Wrote:Um, some things.
1. I see the same exact sprites on TSR already. I compared both, and the sprites look the same, therefor, it's useless to submit already ripped sprites, unless you got more sprites than the older sheet,
2. It's a BMP. TSR only accepts PNG's and GIF's.
3. No icon. Meaning if it WAS able to get accepted (meaning the two above things would have to be false), it'd take longer to get posted.
Yeah, it's a nice rip (if you didn't steal them, that is), so you're off to a good start (if you didn't steal them). But rip something that HASN'T been ripped, or something that's incompletely ripped.

1. Where?
2. True enough.
3. We can make an icon if he can't. And don't accuse him of theft just because he's new.
I don't see the sprite sheet on starman.net and we do have a better sheet of clause under the mother 3 section.
We have YOUNG Claus on the site.
Two places you see Teenage Claus: on the Island, in the drugged-up mushroom sequence, and at the end of the credits, with Claus and Lucas running.

Lucas has speaking sprites, so you could easilly edit them to make Claus talking.

Lucas' talking sprites are only found in the Debug Room however, though, I'm not too sure.
I wasn't accusing him. I've been a bit suspicious about things lately. sorry
Mind saving it as a png please? I like it though Smile
Ah, sorry about the BMP thing, usually when I make a PNG file, it gets all messed up for some reason... I just recently found out how to avoid that...

[attachment=289]

Anyways...

I can guarantee I did NOT steal this sheet, AND I can show you where it is on Starmen.net... go here:

http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=45333

Quote:I don't see the sprite sheet on starman.net...

I think I posted it up in the wrong spot... that's probably why you didn't see it.

Quote:I see the same exact sprites on TSR already. I compared both, and the sprites look the same...

I probably procrastinated to the point somebody submitted it without telling me... but I'd sure love to see where it is... I still think that's only Young Claus.

Quote:Though, I have heard if you go into the debug room during the illusion on Tanehineri Island and put Claus in your party, you get his teenage sprites. I'm not sure if this is true, though.

Hokey Smokes! I've tried doing the debug room thing to get his Teenage Sprites, but to no avail... but I've got to try that after that bit of info! That would give me sprites that are much more accurate! Thanks!

Quote:We can make an icon if he can't...

I'm not going to make a habit of doing this if I continue to make spritesheets, but at this point I have to ask politely if you could, because I'm rather swamped with my current schedule...