The VG Resource

Full Version: New card Saga wars trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ePGaDh1iw&fmt=18

Link vs. Cloud.

awesomeness.

I love the detail in the background.
It's pretty, yeah, but it doesn't look especially balanced. Link's hookshot has a very unforgiving hitbox. And besides Omnislash and Meteor, they kind of gave Cloud some pretty random moves.
I don't think the bg is PA, but then again, it's too blurry to tell.
I wonder if they expect to make money out of this.
(07-05-2009, 06:57 PM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the bg is PA, but then again, it's too blurry to tell.
I wonder if they expect to make money out of this.
they work with a lot of colours so its likely that the bg is sprited.

also theyre copyrighted characters, they cant profit from this. can they?

looks pretty though!!!!!!!

FFUCK YEAH PEGASUS BOOTS
Predicting a cease and desist order as soon as Nintendo or Square get a wiff of it.
Really it's no different from any other mugen game, only this one actually has a couple of professional spriters making it. If nintendo or square want to shut it down they would have a shitton of other fan projects that would have to be shut down too.
(07-05-2009, 07:43 PM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ]Predicting a cease and desist order as soon as Nintendo or Square get a wiff of it.

Nintendo's never really cared and I believe there's some quote from them on MFGG or something that says they're okay with fangames, but Square likes to shut down these sort of things.
If any single company gives them a cease and desist order, it wouldn't be the end of the game. They could probably just remove the levels and characters based on that company's IPs and move on. It would be a shame, but it wouldn't completely shut down the project.

The game seems to be shaping up well, by the looks of that video.
WHERE IS THE FUCKING DEMO

NRGGGGGGGGGGG
(07-05-2009, 06:45 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty, yeah, but it doesn't look especially balanced. Link's hookshot has a very unforgiving hitbox. And besides Omnislash and Meteor, they kind of gave Cloud some pretty random moves.

that dash move is appropriate.

also what else do people know cloud for besides omnislash? nothing.
(07-05-2009, 08:24 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2009, 07:43 PM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ]Predicting a cease and desist order as soon as Nintendo or Square get a wiff of it.

Nintendo's never really cared and I believe there's some quote from them on MFGG or something that says they're okay with fangames, but Square likes to shut down these sort of things.

Nintendo are the strictest of all companies. They shut down Ocarina of Time 2D as soon as it was featured in a magazine.
Damnit, we need The Pirate Bay people to keep this project up and running no matter what.
But they havn't closed us down after we were featured in their official magazine - interesting, eh?
Wasn't tsr thanked by nintendo once or something?
(07-06-2009, 07:51 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]But they havn't closed us down after we were featured in their official magazine - interesting, eh?

Not really. The only way they would have shut tSR down is if the magazine (separate company) reported the site negatively to Nintendo HQ. Which they obviously didn't, as they saw it as a helpful site.
Pages: 1 2