The VG Resource

Full Version: Little Kirby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: KirbyRun.gif]

I have some more moves for Kirby. I'll post all I have when I get some feedback on this.
Make more than 3 frames for a running animation.
why?

It looks good imo, but the shading isn't smooth.
post the rest of the images.
[Image: KirbyWalk.gif]

[Image: KirbyInhale.gif]

[Image: KirbyMouthfulWalk.gif]

Personally, I don't like the walking animations, I might fix them later.
if you're going for a smooth result, you certainly need more frames. and judging by the shading, you are not aiming for something simple.
That's why I said I don't like the walking animations.
I'll try and fix those as well as the shading.

Meanwhile, here's the Needle ability:

[Image: NeedleKirby.gif]
not in the mood of exactly "discourage", but i think it would be way more interesting to see something new, rather than redrawing the same old powers from kirby all over again.
Posted by DigiTamer Metaru ;if you're going for a smooth result, you certainly need more frames.

that was already said by me, but a lot fewer words
(07-03-2009, 07:19 AM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]why? blabla

because it's right foot, left foot, stand snapping from 1 pose to a completely different pose
more frames =/= good sprite

sure, it is nice to have a lot of frames, but if a small animation can get the job done, then it's ok.

you're right on the walking poses. They don't look good as the other animations.
its not about having more frames, its about having the right amount.
yeah, basicaly what I said. You don't need a huge amount of frames in some animations; in others, you do.
It might sound weird, but it just really disturbs me when Kirby's body doesn't move when he dashes. By that I mean jiggle. He's supposed to be a fat glutton for an obsession for cake right? Just try it out.
Surprise He looks squareish
(07-05-2009, 10:49 PM)Silverhedge Wrote: [ -> ]It might sound weird, but it just really disturbs me when Kirby's body doesn't move when he dashes. By that I mean jiggle. He's supposed to be a fat glutton for an obsession for cake right? Just try it out.

depends. if kirby was made of jelly, he would surelly move around like one. but i think he's more like a ballon.