The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon- what's your team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Like I said in the other topic, I'm getting back into it. On my never-ending quest to make a great team I've been cutting from and adding to my party. Currently it looks like this;

Swampert, Magmortar, Breloom, Togekiss, Garchomp, and Gardevoir.

So far I've cut several from my team including Scizor, Blissey, Alakazam, and Ludicolo. I'm going to try to raise a Porygon Z and see how I like that.

So what do your teams look like?
Pinsir, Gliscor, Snorlax, Tangrowth, Heatran and Vaporeon.

I can't remember the last time I played, though.
Kabutops, Typholsion, Dialga

The last three vary....
Crap I don't really remember...
I just remember 2: Jirachi and Swampert.
Leader: Roran (shiny mightyena) lvl: 97
2nd: Tova (Mighyena) lvl: 94
3rd: Torkk (Sharpedo) lvl: 90
4th: Drak (crobat) lvl: 89
5th: Zhou (Houndoom) lvl 86
6th: Ab Soul (absol) lvl: 80

If you haven't noticed, my whole team is Dark type, as I am a dark type trainer. I think that if you have high level dark types you are invincable. If i get one of the those wireless cord thingys, i'm going to start trading my baby shiny poochyena's for rare items and shit, and other pokemon.
Togeking(Togekiss)
Blaze(Charizard)
Laxer(Snorlax)
Raichu/Electivire
Sprinx(Azelf)/Mew
Leviathan(Milotic)

I have a box full of Alternates, but for now, Milotic's my Filler(she's pretty good too)
Electivire
Togekiss
Abomasnow
Probopass
Ninetales
Slowking
If I gave a shit about Pokemon, I'd have a team of champions.

I'd first have Light Ball Pikachu because every Pokemon Master needs a Pikachu.
My second pokemon would be an actual flying type. Because Flying types are Rockin' Omega! I'd have like a Drifloon because not only are they cute, but they can eliminate youngster types.
Third would have to be a HARD HITTING ROCK/GROUND/STEEL type! Can't leave home with out them. If I had a choice between them, I'd hit up the insane Onix/Steelix! They're huge!...but with huge Pokemon comes big responcibility...I'd rather have something along the lines of a Graveler.
Fourth Pokemon would be a Grass Type! I'd obviously choose Ivysaur, the best pokemon in Brawl...but I'll be starting out with a Torchic...So I'd take Grass/Fighting Breloom! Punch! Kick! For this is the essence of Fighting Types!
Fifth...Well, I'm feeling passionatly hot today. I think I'll choose MAGMOTAR! The massive mammoth of a Flare Flying Fiend! Sorry Torchic, but don't worry. You're always my signature Pokemon =D
For my sixth and final pokemon (providing Torchic isn't on my team) I'd use the ever mysterious Psychic type. While my favorite Psychic is Mewtwo, he'd be hard to get due to the fact he's a clone...so I'd have to choose Kadabra! The Spoon Bending Mustashed Monster could help me with homework, AND keep those damn fighting types away.

So for a recap:
Pikachu
Driftloom
Graveler
Breloom
Magmotar
Kadabra

Aie...Maybe I shoul swap Graveler for Rhyhorn...hmm.
Ark Kuvis Wrote:Pikachu
Driftloom
Graveler
Breloom
Magmotar
Kadabra
Hardly a team of champions. A Pokémon with Earthquake can easily take out Pikachu & Magmortar, a Ghost-type can take out Drifloon and Kadabra, and a Flying-type could take out the Breloom.

So for a recap:
Drifblim
Electivire

But as you said, you don't give a shit about Pokémon, so I guess you weren't thinking strategy when you came up with your team.
Actually a perfect counter for that team would be an Aerodactyl with Earthquake, Crunch, Areal Ace, and Rock Slide with a life Orb.

I'm presently in the process of deciding my competative team, but eh, my PBR team is a

Alakazam
Steelix
Breloom
Tentacruel
Houndour
Staraptor
Torterra
Ambipom
Luxray
Staraptor
Gallade
and I think Palkia.

And my Ambipom isn't the gay stereotypical false swipe and then U-turn gimmick Ambipom, I came up with my own moveset : )

(screw the metagame, Ambipom owns)
Pigyman Wrote:Hardly a team of champions. A Pokémon with Earthquake can easily take out Pikachu & Magmortar, a Ghost-type can take out Drifloon and Kadabra, and a Flying-type could take out the Breloom.

So for a recap:
Drifblim
Electivire

But as you said, you don't give a shit about Pokémon, so I guess you weren't thinking strategy when you came up with your team.

You forgot my Graveler. Not only can it counter Electivire with Earthquake, but it could easily use rock throw to take out Drifblim.

Driftblim is also Flying Type! Oh! Aren't they weak to Thunder Attacks? Add a Thunderbolt to Kadabra, not to mention Pikachu.

And Areodactyl. My Pikachu would have Surf. Not to mention Thunder Attacks which could kick any flying type's ass.

And Sprinkler Systems. Unless we're fighting outside.
Ark Kuvis Wrote:You forgot my Graveler. Not only can it counter Electivire with Earthquake, but it could easily use rock throw to take out Drifblim.

Driftblim is also Flying Type! Oh! Aren't they weak to Thunder Attacks? Add a Thunderbolt to Kadabra, not to mention Pikachu.

And Areodactyl. My Pikachu would have Surf. Not to mention Thunder Attacks which could kick any flying type's ass.

And Sprinkler Systems. Unless we're fighting outside.
Well, the typical Electivire is faster than the typical Graveler, so It could easily use Brick Break to take out that.

Drifblim uses Ominous Wind on Kadabra, it's done. As for Pikachu, send out the Electivire!

Areodactyl could easily use Earthquake to take out Pikachu before it can think. Besides, you'd need a PBR Pikachu to use surf.

So in a Double Battle, you're basically out of luck. By the way, I am a Double Battle trainer, and plot my party accordingly.
I need to get back into Poklemons

I haven't even made progress on team building yet :<

But I know I'll have Rotom, Aerodactyl, Mamoswine, Bronzong, Croagunk, and Kingdra :>
I haven't played Pokemon since the Silve/Gold generation, so I don't know the specifics of dual battles, environmental effects, or other features introduced in later iterations.

1: Furret/Eevee
2: Dewgong
3: Skarmory
4: Sableye
5: Heracross
6: Torterra
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5