The VG Resource

Full Version: [3D Art] Koki and Sami [high res models]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2a98f9j.png]

THe outline is actually done with the GM image editor so that the white like on the tail and Sami's hat would show up.
The second one looks like an edit of the first one.

Like, literally, nothing is different. At all. Their faces, tail placement (and position), hair and ears are EXACTLY the same. Even the pose is a carbon copy. And the details. Why are the pants glitching THROUGH the jacket?
Clothing is better than before. You suffer from some ugly clipping issues between the trousers and the bottom of the jacket. Because they're the exact same size and height (Yes, I'm aware they're twins), it looks a lot like the same person in different clothes. Work on giving one clothes with a different trim to the other.
The jacket is going though the pants because this is the in game model, and I don't see a reason why I would rig the end of the jacket for that, when no one would really be able to notice it too much in game play, I mean even If they did see it, they would really only notice it once, then it would just feel normal.

Though the red Sami and the green Koki are supposed to be dressed in a some what uniformed way, there will another outfit for each, a Koki in yellow and a Sami in blue, where the designs should be more noticeably differeant... If you guys have any ideas on what I could do there that'd be nice.

I'll take this into account though.

I mean, I originally intended to use the HQ models for HQ play and cut scenes, but according to you people there should be some adjustments to the cut scene models.

OK, so the cut scene models will have the bottom of the jackets actually rigged with bones as well as other details like the front of the hair, but I'm not going to add those detail bones on the in game model to save processing power.

Also, I have a question, people on TSR complained that the Koki shown in the prototype pictures costume looked funny, does it look better now? Instead of like 6 main colors, he only has 3.
you blocked me on aim
and you blocked my PMs
I had no chance to explain myself

anyway though
these look really good to me, though the bent-upwards foot looks odd
Actually that's not true, I went to summer camp returned not to long ago, but since then have not been on aim, and ever since you posted about my PM's being blocked, I fixed it, but you never PMed me afterwords.

Not exactly sure about the bent foot, though I guess there is a question as to why its bent up...
check your PMs, dart.

also yes, why is the foot bent up?
are they dancing soulja boy tell 'em
Uhh, no not soulja boy...
its better, but their designs seem overly complex. You either want to go for something common and logical (street fighter, king of fighters), or something wacky, simple, and iconic (mario, sonic, link). You seem to be trying to toss in both with a pinch of squeenix convolutedness. Not to mention the whole noseless anime crap you have going on isn't too appealing either.
Complex huh?

I was trying to go for a, how to put this, I guess more doujin-like with the way of detail in the designs.

Though I was thinking the yellow and blue designs would be much more blank... Like I made a mock up of an idea for the yellow Koki not to long ago:
http://i40.tinypic.com/29qkrv5.png

As far as the nose thing goes, well the nose is actually there:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ix5j6e.png

But if I modeled it to where there was a shadow at the bottum side of the nose the rest of the face shadded all weird, because the nose is in the middle of everything and all.

Would you suggest that I try add an indication of the nose as a shadow in the texture?
WATCH ME CRANK DAT WATCH ME RO
Uhh, no, I don't even like that song, the pose is just a result of my imagination, lets not spam.