The VG Resource

Full Version: JSS Style Custom Quote(Cave Story)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: QuoteJSS-icon.png]
[Image: QuoteJSS.png]

Quote from Cave Story in Jump Super Stars style. Big Grin
Not bad!
Needs some work, but its pretty good. You might want to post this in sprite discussion first.
You're lacking a few frames, you need ti use more bases than just Gon (so it's less obvious what you've used), a lot of the frames require retouching to make things look smooth and consistent, and you need to actually make a gun that looks like the Pole Star, instead of just copy-pasting Train's.

Sprite Discussion it goes.
(06-26-2009, 10:30 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]You're lacking a few frames, you need ti use more bases than just Gon (so it's less obvious what you've used), a lot of the frames require retouching to make things look smooth and consistent, and you need to actually make a gun that looks like the Pole Star, instead of just copy-pasting Train's.

Sprite Discussion it goes.

That's fine. To work on it I go! Genki ^_^

Edit: Though to be honest Train's gun and the Polarstar are very similar in terms of shape. That's why I chose his, I mean you can't really compare a small bunch of like six pixels. And I have compared him and Gon quite a bit and ,though the general shape is fairly similar, while playing against each other they are almost unrecognizable as sprite 'brothers'. Will add more frames though. Thanks.
(06-26-2009, 10:35 AM)Kurai Wrote: [ -> ]...I mean you can't really compare a small bunch of like six pixels.
Not really. Don't forget you're working with sprites, where one or two pixels CAN make the difference. As Metaru said, "...at pixel level, (...) know about the value of details". (removed some parts to make sense :o)