The VG Resource

Full Version: Im a new spriter, so heres my crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new to this, the most I've done in the past are recolors and edits.
I decided to try and make my own sprites.
I need some criticism. Harsh if you must. or else I wont learn.

Number-1
after reading the zombie thread, I thought 10 colors and a zombie of sorts, I'll give it a try, and here's what i got
[Image: monster.png]
I've worked on this for a little bit
a few hours.
So far this is my best work.
Number two- Kite from .//hack
[Image: nwee.png]
not too bad!
Contrast is your friend, bro.
Also, those arms look weird. Don'w seem to be connected to the shoulders properly and look too short.

Anyways, I don't like it when people call their stuff 'crap' and then post it. If you really think it's crap, it would neither be worth posting nor viewing, huh? It only makes you look kind of stupid, you know.
the sprites look cool (the second one is better imo) but both need contrast. Also, some antialias would work wonders here.
(06-27-2009, 06:04 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Contrast is your friend, bro.
Also, those arms look weird. Don'w seem to be connected to the shoulders properly and look too short.

Anyways, I don't like it when people call their stuff 'crap' and then post it. If you really think it's crap, it would neither be worth posting nor viewing, huh? It only makes you look kind of stupid, you know.

Good point, i don't really want to look stupid >_>
i understand what you mean about the arms, what i was going for was that his arms were kinda pulled in some
like in like a stance sorta thing.
I'll look into contrast too thanks.

antialais, you mean what they do to the pokemon sprties?
ill try that too thanks.
(06-28-2009, 10:56 PM)Kite Wrote: [ -> ]antialais, you mean what they do to the pokemon sprties?
ill try that too thanks.

Anti aliasing is smoothing jagged parts of a sprite. theres a tutorial on here somewhere.