The VG Resource

Full Version: Bob-Omb Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this little Bob-Omb sprite that looks 3-D. It's really big, too. Also, it includes my signature (KM) and my avatar (edited SMB3 Mario sprite) running away from a SPP Bob-Omb sprite. If you wanna see it, here it is!
-KM, King Mario
I'm sorry, but I really don't think this is good enough to be considered as a submission.
so its a circle with circles connected to more circles? it uses ms paint default colors which look horrible on sprites, another thing is that it is only 1 pose, and people wont get much, if any use out of it. to be honest i dont think anyone can use it, its not really fitting for tsr, but thats really for the staff to decide.

so if you can make it use decent colors, more poses, or completely remake it to the point where its usable, i'd imagine the mods might think about it.

oh, and before i forget, you could ask a mod to move it to sprite discussion, so other members can help you fix it up, since i imagine others could help you better than i can.
No. Sprite Discussion.
First off, this is not a sprite. This would be known as an attempted pixel art if you wouldn't have stated it being a sprite.
I would start off WAY smaller before you make something big like that again. Big stuff like that should be more detailed and have alot more experienced techniques like dithering or AAing into it.
Second, never use MSPaint's default tools like the circle tool, they never come out right. For palletes, NEVER use the MS Paint defaults. Make up your own palletes or use palletes from the game style you want it to be close to, only if you're going for a specific style.

Now as for what you need to fix. It seems you're getting the wrong idea on Bomb Omb's feet. They appear below his body. Just by looking at the small sprite of a bomb omb you got around your credit tag, you can obviously see that.
And if you think about it, the whole aspect of his feet appearing in front of him wouldn't make sense at all. How the heck would it or anything else walk with something like that? Tongue
Hope this helps.