The VG Resource

Full Version: Gorsal's pixel scraps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually, some of those were used in my Youtube videos.

[Image: scrap1m.png]

I might finish some, but... meh.

Explaining those stuff, starting from left to right, top to bottom:

1)Girl in a Forest-that small pixelart was a color test. I wass seeing if the sprite would still be visible if it was on that BG.
2)Colored shapes and Gamegirl's futuristic armor- that was meant to be a entry on Moz's compo. I couldn't finish it in time Very Sad
3)Metal Slug stuff in my simple style- well... that was a gift for my friend. He loves that game.
4)Ocarina- I made that with MS Paint default colors. It was used on my newest youtube video.
5)Monochro-Tyvon- that was also for Moz's compo.
6)Alex Kidd in Fantasy Smash style- he deserved it. Too bad I didn't continue him Sad
7)Natannise and some weird ninja- it was a gift for my other friend. Natannise (the red-headed girl) is his original character and the weird ninja is his friend's.
8)Chrys and Gamegirl, EB style- that was principally to test out EB's palettes. TheKirby and I are working on a EB hack, you can find it in Youtube also.
9)Blonde guy with a weird hairdo- a request sprite. Tried to base it on his custom EB sprite.
10)Asha- I believe that's her name... she's from a game called 'Monster World IV' for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. I was doing that for a movie, but I got lazy and used its title screen instead.
11)Gameboy-ified... Gamegirl- Yes, whenever I try out a new style, I use her. Might be some kind of rule of mine, I think... (I used the colors from a sprite found on this site, I think it was Shawn's).
12)Suzumiya... what?- That's what happens when you use your original creations in place of anime characters.
13)my MSN theme- ooh... rain...
14)simple Captain Falcon- Used in one of my Youtube videos.
15)Criticizing GXSCC- I was tired of seeing GXSCC 8-bit conversions everywhere, so I tracked a tune in Famitracker and slapped this image together. You can see it at Youtube.
16)God Knows- yes, I recomposed that in 8-bit. I get crazy ideas sometimes.
17)Cave Story mockups- I tried to add other highlights from the game. Can you guess what I tried to portray?
Hey I always love scraps. There like finding gold nuggets in the woods... Wait what?
Some of these scraps look actually decent, especially the mockups.
Love the ocarina.
you know, your simple style is great but you can do just as well with detailed stuff, as I can see in those mockups, so don't ever quit~

nice stuffs!
oh hey look at me right there

Anyway, stuff looks nice.