The VG Resource

Full Version: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked into ripping textures from this game, but everything just seems to be made up of a bunch of flat models that use the same texture with a color applied to it. There were only 4 different textures in the whole game actually 2 of which are just invisible textures used for god knows what. Yep even the menus were made the same way.

So my question is would if TSR would accept pre-rendered Geometry Wars sprites since the actual game doesn't have any. As far as I can tell, the only animations the game uses are distortions of the original models and particle effects. While it may be tedious and overall just not worth it to pre-render the particle effects and the grid distortions, it would be simple to do everything else.
This would be a rare exception. I've not played Geometry Wars, but is the camera angle always fixed? If so, then I think it should be fine~
wasnt geomtry wars made out of vectorized graphics?
DS version, metaru
(06-23-2009, 01:02 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]wasnt geomtry wars made out of vectorized graphics?

Not the PC/360 version although 3d could be considered a sort of variant of vector graphics.

However to answer Grooveman's question yes the camera is always fixed. Since there doesn't seem to be any problems with it, I'll just start ripping then. I'll post my results here.
God if I didn't use cheat engine this would have been insanely frustrating. I think I got everything ingame except the Magnet ship's line things and the things I mentioned in the first post. I just kind of gave up on the former because I couldn't ever get a screenshot where they were straight.
[Image: geometrywarssectionicon.png]
[Image: geometrywarsgeneralripi.png]
The font on the sheet is too dark and is also slightly large.