The VG Resource

Full Version: Fake 3d fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: whatdowehavehere.png]
See what I'm doing here? It's incredibly fun, but tedious work.

Think about manually adding textures to manually made fake 3d sprites. I'm jizzing my pants.

Unfortunately, I've run out of laptop time for today so. Tomorrow, when I finish a sprite. :>

EDIT:
The best thing is, you make 4 poses and you can use them for 12 directions. Cute
but you still have to shade and texture 12 different sprites.
Yeah, I just realized that a while ago, damn.
You have to make 7 unique "models" and 12 unique "textures".

For this to be even worthwhile (aka I won't be better off just actually using 3d), I'd have to break the grid, put in some curves and shit.

Sounds like a fun challenge. *grins*
that looks like it'll be hard to do but extremely rewarding when it's done
(06-22-2009, 09:19 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I just realized that a while ago, damn.
You have to make 7 unique "models" and 12 unique "textures".

For this to be even worthwhile (aka I won't be better off just actually using 3d), I'd have to break the grid, put in some curves and shit.

Sounds like a fun challenge. *grins*

While this is definitely a cool idea, you would probably be better of using 3d. Curves and the like are significantly easier to do in actual 3d. Though I have to say it would be interesting to see how this turns out.
I'll probably finish texturing+modelling just one sprite.
I'm thinking of making it 16 directions. :/
lowpoly is fun, indeed.
isnt it easier to learn 3d?
not the point of this thread :V
I'm almost done with 4 sprites. I haven't tried texturing+subdividing(maybe) them though.
They're on te oter laptop, will post later.
i'd say, don't use texture, make it lowpoly ala Virtua Racing
Lowpoly is cool.

*instantly remembers Starfox's Arwings*
[Image: 3dpa2u.png]
Laziness. Totally not what I had in mind.