The VG Resource

Full Version: Apparently, Barubary's Sprites Belong to Someone Who's....Not Barubary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes, I love drama. It can get so fucked up, it breaks the red point of hi-larity.

And no fanbase does it better than the Kingdom Hearts fanbase. I was sort of prepared for this when I started ripping KH sprites...but, it does get pretty funny.

Here's the thread where it all went down:
http://www.kh2.co.uk/board/Hey-gang-just...48327.html

And here's what prompted this discussion:
Quote:Hey, I'm Nocturne from KHI, the person who wrote the article about the mugshot sprites that weren't used in 358/2 Days. Mercutio has brought this to my attention, and I have to say, the fact that the exact same picture that I put together is being used without crediting KHI as the source that found the information, is considered an act of plagiarism in my eyes.

Perhaps you could have found the information from the actual source, but using the picture I quickly put together in paint just shows where the information was taken from.

The biggest problem I see is the fact that people will start crediting your site with information that our site had first, which isn't fair in any way.

These are the said articles and sprites in question:
http://www.kh2.co.uk/board/index.php?showtopic=48326
http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/128...right.html

Granted, in both occurrences credit has certainly been given to Barubary... But why the KHI staff is making a big hokus about it is beyond me; maybe they're just retarded.

And they took their retardification levels to a whole new height when this was spotted in the above post: "exact same picture that I put together is being used without crediting KHI as the source that found the information, is considered an act of plagiarism in my eyes"

Apparently, when someone takes someone else's hard-worked sprite rips, and makes a small tweak or crop, they then belong to them, and anyone who says otherwise is to be lynched, and to have their braincells destroyed through mindless, baseless PMs and community-disorienting topics.

Only reason why I bring this to your attention is cause Churro, the dude getting blamed around here is a friend of mine, and didn't really care too much until I've noticed the nonsense regarding the sprites.

Anyways, I hopes you give me some negative rep for bringing you this to your attention. (I secretly wanna be a contributing ripper with the lowest rep possible.)

As for what course of action you guys take, well, up to you. I just don't want my friend getting a bunch of unnecessary shit when he really did nothing wrong in this picture.
Ok what. I don't think i'm getting whats going on here.

Barubary ripped the sprites of the mugshots, but because they discovered it, they want credit for it?

I highly doubt Barubary would steal, he's a pretty huge ripper around here.
Can someone move this to spamhaul so that I can express my feelings about this thread without having to worry about rules >:
(06-20-2009, 03:06 PM)moz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok what. I don't think i'm getting whats going on here.

Barubary ripped the sprites of the mugshots, but because they discovered it, they want credit for it?
Yep. And they think it's big enough of a reason to stir shit up with another big site.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit about drama like this, but if there's two sides bitch slapping each other over shit that isn't even theirs, I figured...the least I can do is bring it to ya'lls attention.
(06-20-2009, 03:15 PM)Rival Rökkan Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone move this to spamhaul so that I can express my feelings about this thread without having to worry about rules >:
Just say what you wanna say. I'm a big boy.
It's a well established fact that KH fans are morons anyway.

Think of this as natural selection.
this is one of the reasons why i left khu, they're idiots when it comes to sprites.
(06-20-2009, 08:00 PM)JarJar Wrote: [ -> ]this is one of the reasons why i left khu, they're idiots when it comes to sprites.
This isn't KHU; this is their "rival" site's fuckup. They're laying claim to all the newsbits, including shit they clearly didn't come up with.

KHU....I think....it was some dude named....McCloud or something, who was running the sprite game there? Yeah, he was a joke. =/
What is going on in this topic? I don't get it.
Kingdom hearts.

enough said.
this doesnt even qualify as drama... is just special olimpics.