The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Bros. Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
copypasta from MFGG

"Hello. First of all, no, this is NOT a game. It would be great if someone could program this, though.

Since I was away for a while, I couldn't work on anything (and as said before, I was tired of making Mario sprites). So, I made this as a way to shake the growing mold off from my account."

[Image: mariot.png]

Basically, I wanted to do something that I've never done.

...yes, I've never sprited custom Mario stuff.
Nice style!
I can see a lot of cave Story influence on this, am i right?
Well, I think so. Everybody says that. It might be the flatness and the blockiness of the sprites.
Update
[Image: mario4.png]
I think your style grew like that since you wanted to make those (island sky? i can´t really remember) sprites in the style of that guy of whose the name i sadly won´t remember at the moment.

It´s a really cute, simplistic and gorgeous style, mind calming... or something.
Bowser looks pretty awesome.

Cool stuff!
[Image: asddfg.png]
I love those colors.
The run could use a few more frames, it's rather choppy as it is right now
[Image: runtest.gif]
hmmm, I think they're fine. I wanted to do simple animations, so I used only 4 frames for walking/running. I changed Peach's dress, though. It looks better than the one in the sheet.
In most of the animations it looks weird because the white markings of the hats stay still and the rest of the body moves.
Awesome sprites. I probly couldn't make sprites that good
(06-21-2009, 07:28 PM)Koi Kami Mauro Wrote: [ -> ]In most of the animations it looks weird because the white markings of the hats stay still and the rest of the body moves.
this.

besides that, awesome.
I wouldn't worry about the white marking thing cause, well, the walking animation is gonna be moving. It's always a little weird making an animation walk in place.

Anyways, this is AWESOME. It's making me feel bad I haven't sprited in so long, cause now everyone's getting so good and I might not be ready if another TUGish competition comes along. :o
Pages: 1 2 3