The VG Resource

Full Version: Idk if this is the right place to ask? But sprite help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I save the sprite pages on this website, I then have to spend loads of time editing out the background color to leave the background transparent
can someone tell me how I can get around this?
If you're using a program that doesn't handle transparency, like Paint, you're better off just using the colour of the sheet as your background colour.

If you're using another program, it depends on which one.
There is no way around.
(06-18-2009, 04:15 PM)Robo-Trainer Drei Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using a program that doesn't handle transparency, like Paint, you're better off just using the colour of the sheet as your background colour.

If you're using another program, it depends on which one.

I use Photoshop~
(06-18-2009, 04:15 PM)moz Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way around.
Then why do sprite rippers but backgrounds on them? :/ Can't they just save them as .png?
I'm pretty sure they are mostly .png files.

I don't know why the uploaded files aren't transparent, but the colours commonly see like the pure white and bright purple-pink are usually used BECAUSE they were made transparent.
(06-18-2009, 04:21 PM)Robo-Trainer Drei Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure they are mostly .png files.

I don't know why the uploaded files aren't transparent, but the colours commonly see like the pure white and bright purple-pink are usually used BECAUSE they were made transparent.

Well, all of the Pokemon sprites seem to have white backgrounds
How do I get rid of them quickly?
Um, use the white background or with your program of choice, find out how to make transparency and then do so with the white colour.
(06-18-2009, 04:27 PM)Robo-Trainer Drei Wrote: [ -> ]Um, use the white background or with your program of choice, find out how to make transparency and then do so with the white colour.

You can do that? There's a "Make (color) transparent" option?!
www.iaza.com

upload the image
select the color
????
Profit.
(06-18-2009, 04:48 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]www.iaza.com

upload the image
select the color
????
Profit.
Heart
Giffy is a freeware alternative too.
If you want to do it in Photoshop:

Duplicate your Background layer (the one with the spritesheet)
Delete the old Background layer
Use the magic wand
Uncheck Contiguous, make sure anti-alias is off and tolerance is 0
Select the background; it'll select everything that's the same color
Press delete
OP, you have a terrible avatar.