The VG Resource

Full Version: Cuboner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the mockup I did, I can't stop doing Cubone, help. :(
I have a WIP somewhere of Cubone in MvC style. :C
And an isometric Cubone with four poses of the head done. :<

[Image: cubonewalk.gif]
[Image: cubonebreathe.gif]
[Image: cboneagain.png]

Things to fix:
1. Skull changes shape in idle
2. Stomach does not change shape, only shading
3. A bob in the walk cycle <--- ????? Does it need it?
4. DAT ARM

Ok, anything else?
His head should bob when walking and I like how you made the head in the idle but I think it should be a tad smoother or something.
Also, don't stop making Cubone sprites, I love Cubone. Big Grin I think out of all of the pokemon it's the baddest one.
And the way he's walking now, it looks like he's sliding across the ground.
I agree with Star for the most part in this case. Gotta say, though, it's def. your best sprite from my point of view. Looks great!
This rules.
It looks really badass.
When'd you get so good rabidbaboy?
The sprite itself is excellent. The animation isn't too great, though s:
Prepare for a bitching:

Firstly, Cubone seems a bit too chubby, that may or may not be a style choice but Cubone was never chubby, just round.
Secondly, the color scheme is off, Cubone doesn't have a white belly, it's a lighter brown of his regular colors.
He also doesn't have the belly color going up to his mouth, take a look here:
http://www.kidslearnfromplay.com/wordmat...Cubone.png

Next, the bone is oddly shaded, he has good shading and white lighting on his skull but none on his bone? Kinda confuses the lightsource, and just because its behind/beside him doesn't mean for it to be excessively dark. IF anything:

Copy the light bone.
Add white on the light bone.
Then take the copy of the original and replace it with the dark bone, it would make a but more sense shading wise.

His frontmost leg also seems to be facing too much to the right, and Cubone is only looking halfway of that direction.

As everyone already pointed out, the animation seems like he's taking baby steps, now I know it's tough considering there's no ref of that, but if he's gonna walk, he's gonna need a lot more movement and framework, meaning his skull will have to bob a bit, and his body will have to shift and not face the same direction the whole time, and his legs will have to move a bit more. But it's up to you if you want to do all that, if anything you could make it comical and have him walk funny on purpose, but that's just a suggestion.

Anyway it's a good sprite, and nice choice of pokemon, and I'm the biggest asshole on the planet when it comes to critting pokemon sprites, it may be a lot, but it'll help point out what to fix.