The VG Resource

Full Version: I hate animations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I've been working for the past 2 days on an animation for my Demyx sprite. It still looks odd, but I'm not sure what to change, so I thought I'd ask for help. (If this belongs in Requests, move it; I guessed it goes here because I'm not looking for anyone to do it for me)

This is going to be cropped to just below the hand level (it's for an icon), so I stopped caring about the bottom of the coat. It's supposed to be a restless, back-and-forth swaying motion; think like the idle animation in Animal Crossing where they swing their arms.

What am I doing wrong?
[Image: DemyxCoMAnmationBad97.gif]
Make the arms swing in front of the body, right now they shoot back as soon as they're parallel with the body.
would help to also, use a proper control over the delay of each frame, so he wouldnt look so... anxious.
[Image: DemyxCoMAnmationBad99.gif] ? I added another frame of arm-swing, and a slight delay. Anxious is kinda what I'm going for, though.

Thanks for the responses.
would help to actually post the sprite already cropped.
I hadn't actually done that yet since I can't expand the canvas to the right size in my animation program... here's what you'd see of the sprite, though. I have a pixel or two of height to play with.

[Image: DemyxCoMAnmationBad99Cropped.gif]