The VG Resource

Full Version: Lost in the loop concept sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, posting my stuff here to for C+C.

The game is basically a game where you play as a game designer trapped in a game engine that is infested with "bugs" in the programming. It's your job to rid the world of these bugs and find a way to get back to your own world. The game is going to use the ds touchscreen for things such as building tiles to make the level traversable, changing wind direction, building bridges, yadda yadd yadda.

Here's the concept sprites I am working with now to just mess around with a style that I am comfortable with.

[Image: djggameconceptsprites-6.png]
[Image: idlestanceLITL-1.gif]

NEWEST

[Image: djggameconceptsprites-6-1.png]
[Image: idlestanceLITL-2.gif]
I figured it would be a programmer's job to rid the code of bugs.
Programmer, game designer, oh well. Nice stuff so far, but some colors are a tad odd, mainly speaking about the flying bug. I think the colors need more hueshift/contrast.
Nice though.
I think that the Dragonfly(?) is good as is.
The guy's feet need to move a little in that animation, IMO.

Otherwise, this is good, continue~
I'm loving the enemy designs. The reason the colors on the Dragonfly may look odd is because of the green background. Lay these out on something white.
yeah, on my laptop I have everything on a pink background to help with contrasting the colors on it while im spriting. One thing I can't decide is how to make the feet move on the animation. I don't know whether I want to have him push his feet up with his toes or for him to slide his foot over on the ground.
SKIN PALETTE NEEDS MORE RED
Contrast, needs feet movement, and smoother anims :>
The animation is jerky.

Nice color, I like the ennemies' design.
[Image: djggameconceptsprites-6-1.png]
[Image: idlestanceLITL-2.gif]

Changed the pallette on a few things and updated the animation.

I'M NOT CHANGING THE SKIN PALLETTE PIK. >:<

EDIT: yeah.... kinda forgot to replace the leg parts on the sheet...
Better Big Grin

Needs more smootehr animashun 'doh.
Why thank you, Mr.Contrasto.

I would make it a lot smoother but I really dont want to make each sprite in the game 8 frame animations because that will just hinder my process while developing the game.
I agree with Mr. Contrasto.

Better, and better.
I like how this is going

The enemies(or the things that aren't human) have good designs
Pages: 1 2