The VG Resource

Full Version: Halloween-ish Goomba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inspired by the "Creepy Goomba" that got posted today.
Here are some quick designs of other "creepy-like" Goombas (edits from Mario Party Advance).

[Image: vamzomgoomba.png]

A Vampire/Dracula Goomba and a Zombie-like Goomba.

I'm most interested in other ideas or comments. If you have one, give a reply.
Haha I'm happy that I inspired someone :]
the colors need more contrast
It's hard to give them contrast when I'm attempting to stay in the Mario Party Advance style (which doesn't have much of it).
Ah, but I'll give it a try later just to please you. Smile
I don't know/like what's on the second goomba's mouth. I don't like the 'hands' or whatever the first goomba has floating next to him. I'm sorry to say you did a good job recoloring it, but the edit isn't very good.
Here are a few more:

[Image: creepygoombas.png]

Thats (from right to left) Vampire, Zombie, Ghost, Skeleton, and...a sort of Straight-jacket, stitched-mouth, crazy Goomba.

Added a little bit of contrast to the images (save for the Zombie and Straight-Jacket Goombas, being a zombie-like they deserve a "faded-skin" look).

To comment on "Black Sax", the Vampire Goomba has folded bat-wings next to him, and the Zombie Goomba has a little bit of blood dripping out of his mouth.
I like the other ones. But in that case, to make it seem more obvious, there should be some blood on its body or feet. Also, the vampire wings dont look connected enough to the goomba make the part where the goomba and the wings touch each other about three pixels wide, so you can see the connection, because right now they look like there floating.
Here you go: Some small touch-ups and a new one!

I attatched the wings on the Vampire Goomba better and added some more blood on the Zombie Goomba.

As for the Mummy Goomba, I think I might need to touch him up later (us less anyone says it's fine).
I like the touch ups you did, but remember, if you tried wrapping yourself in toilet paper, it wouldnt be perfectly wrapped like that, so sprite some loose bandages coming off from the sides.
Haha, awesome Goombas. Nice job, you should make some more poses though.
Right now I'm just going for designs.
However, if one of them becomes popular enough, I might add its remaining poses.

Another update:

I've added:
1) Green-Ogre/cyclops Goomba
2) Goomba in Bio-Hazard suit.

Back to Black Sax, I have no idea how to add the little "loose bandages" to the mummy Goomba and make it look good. I'll try and attempt them again later.
the ghost goomba's tail breaks the line of the ground.
True, I'll touch that up.

Edit:
No, I can't shorten it without it looking weird. Besides, a Ghost Goomba would float, so it doesn't matter too much if its tail breaks the ground line.
It'll just float above the ground anyway.