The VG Resource

Full Version: Community Projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most likely you have noticed that I've created a new board for the community projects that this forum has, such as the SSB project and the recently brought over Mod. Gen project.

What I'm asking is what would you like to see of this board? Not what projects you'd like to see, but rather how it is handled? What would make you join in with the entire part of a community based project?
The problem I see of course is that the subject material has to be interesting to those getting involved, just like anything that wants to get some activity. But on top of that there is most likely some other reason.
tSR is well known really for projects never ending and there being no final product for anything besides ripping sprites - which I say is fair enough though I would like to see some decent projects going through here.
I'd like to know what exactly the criteria is for a 'community project' as opposed to just a regular spriting or ripping project. If a S/R project gets enough attention, and is worked on by enough people in the community, would it qualify as one of the (and be moved to the board for) community projects? Or, is it more exclusive than that?
I'd assume it would be that, yes.
(06-15-2009, 02:29 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd assume it would be that, yes.

Then it sounds like a great idea.
I would say this should be the criteria:

250-300 posts (I dont know which one)
At least 10 different members participating. (By participating I mean have already given 1 sheet to do the project that is accepted)
At least 10-15 sheets.

And finally, a quality check will be needed to enforced by the mods and admins to decide if it is good enough work to become a Community Project.

The list of expectations I posted may be very high, but we don't want an overload of projects.
I believe your list is perfectly reasonable.
Thank you, if you could show it to some other mods and admins to let them decide, ect..
It's pretty much like that in an unwritten manner - that way projects from outside that are of a large scale (Mod. Gen as an example) can be included.
The 250-300 post thing might be stretching it by a taaad much, but 'ey, whatever works.

Oh yeah, what if members from another forum are working on a project? Do they count or not?
How about we have a topic on that board where people can suggest Projects. Project Suggestion Topic. Then people can suggest a project and others can say whether or not they want to join that Project, or if the Project sounds good enough, or if it will work.
(06-17-2009, 07:37 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]How about we have a topic on that board where people can suggest Projects. Project Suggestion Topic. Then people can suggest a project and others can say whether or not they want to join that Project, or if the Project sounds good enough, or if it will work.

The problem is that's a thread that will probably be buried alive in thinly veiled requests, which we already have a forum for. I think if someone wants to start a project, they can already start one, and if they actually do some work on it and do good work, it'll start up on its own.
I'm just not sure if a Suggestion topic is really needed.