The VG Resource

Full Version: masked monk and jester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2vvnxuc.png]

2/4 party members for an idea I'm working on.

Using a minimalist shading style.
Thanks for the comments guys

[Image: wchdax.png]
3/4 of party sprited
I like the first two. The box is pretty plain though.
Not sure how I'd make the box more interesting
[Image: 6symbb.png]

Started on an npc guard
[Image: qq3349.png]

Done guard
[Image: mvj42d.png]
For a long time an evil powerful wizard guy who was an asshole terrorized the land and made everyone's life bad
[Image: dypsec.png]
after everyone had gave up hope a great hero rose to face the wizard
[Image: awomqr.png]
the hero managed to defeat the wizard guy but at the cost of his own life
[Image: 25a46eh.png]
before he bit the dust the sneaky wizard manifested all of his magical powers in a weird rock and then teleported the rock to somewhere no one knows
[Image: 2lv1usl.png]
the people looked for the rock a little bit but rebuilding society was more important and the idea of finding the rock just faded into obscurity
^^prologue to this game that's not being made
the story starts about 5 years after the wizard guy got dead
the jester guy shows up out of nowhrere and has some kind of valuable information or something that can lead him to where the rock is. Nobody knows why he wants to find it
more stuff for everyone to ignore
[Image: 29vxqfq.png]
two generic npcs and an important npc
... That prologue reminds me so much of Samurai Jack XD I even expected the rock to be thrown onto the future :b

Onto the sprites-
The jester doesn't even look shaded
The monk is made of awesome
This relates more to character design, but maybe the knight should have beard? Then again, if hed oes he'll be the clichéd bearded knight... nevermind, then.
Those three guys with a nose worthy of Sesame Street- if they're different steps in the making of a character and the rightmost one is the finished product, good work. If not, the right one looks better than the other two.
heh, I never realized the prologue was similar to Samurai Jack but I can see what you mean
-Jester could probably use some more shading, I'll look into that
-heh thanks
-the guard is just one of many guards, I probably will make guards with beards, just not this guy
-The first two big nose guys are generic NPCs and the third one is an important character, so I put more effort into him than them. That said, I need to fix the other two up a bit anyway

update in a bit
[Image: 4qkd2o.png]

Fixed up nose guys and the jester
The jester looks better, now.

That box, are it's arms supposed to be transparent or something?