The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic and Eggman in SMK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You've got that right. The worlds fastest hedgehog takes seat in a... not... so fast Kart... BUT WHO FRIGGIN' CARES!!!
This was finished just recently. I can't submit it on MFGG, since it's Sonic and not Mario, so I hope to get it up here.
Here it is:

(Icon)
[Image: segasonicothersmksoniciah3.gif]

(Sheet)
[Image: segasonicothersmksoniczz0.gif]

Finished Eggman, retro style.

(Icon)
[Image: segasonicothersmkivoicoif2.gif]

(Sheet)
[Image: segasonicothersmkivozn3.gif]

I tried an Eggman Nega recolor, but it didn't work out that well...
Em, the hed looks too swashed, I would stretch it out to give him a forehead, also when he is turning he doesn't have the body that Sonic would have.
What's with all the recolors?
Tonberry2k Wrote:What's with all the recolors?

Yellow= Super Sonic palette (the best yellow I could get was from Peach's hair Ded)
Green= Scourge
White= In case you want Hyper Sonic, combine this with default, tellow and green.

I know, I know, the quils on Sonic's head should face up in his Super/Hyper form. I'm just lazy.
Looks nice I guess, but the front poses look a little screwed up to me... The angry (or determined) eyes don't match the happy-go-lucky smile.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/submit/

Um...Doesn't this break the rule that if it doesn't come from a certain game, it's not allowed. IE Sonic wasn't in Mario Kart and shouldn't be accepted by that fact.

Or am I mistaken?
Ngamer01 Wrote:http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/submit/

Um...Doesn't this break the rule that if it doesn't come from a certain game, it's not allowed. IE Sonic wasn't in Mario Kart and shouldn't be accepted by that fact.

Or am I mistaken?

You are partially right. If it doesn't come from a game, it's not allowed (custom characters, etc.).
However, Sonic DOES come from a game. It doesn't matter how you make it, for what game you make it, as long as it's usefull enough, it is allowed.
Sonic does ride a car in Sonic Drift, so making the cart into his car, and making the Sonic himself look a little better (since at the moment I think it looks a bit ugly) then this could be submitted.
I know he has a car in Sonic Drift. I have played both Sonic Drift and Sonic Drift 2 in Sonic Adventure DX.
If I would change his kart into a car, it wouldn't be SMK Sonic anymore (it would be Sonic Drift Sonic in SMK style instead). This sheet is meant for SMK fangames.
As for Sonic's looks, I can't see what's wrong with it. I'm afraid that if I would adjust it, I'd only make it worse or screw up the rotation animation.
there are sheets of people in mario kart on TSR that weren't ever in a kart before including Toadsworth, Chain Chomp, Cheep Cheep, Bob-Omb, Onigiri and Petey(in the tradition sense of Mario Karts)

That being said, the Sonic needs work, but the Eggman is pretty decent.
I know Sonic needs work, but that's the best I can do. As human, I have my limits.
I like the Robotnik, but Sonic needs some touching up.
If anyone feels like improving my Sonic sheet, be my guest. I don't think I'm able to do it without ruining the animation or making him look weirder.
If you look at the sheet now, I have reduced the size of the sheet, because I admit putting recolors fully in is a waste of space. I've put in alternative palettes instead. Also, Super Sonic's colors are now two default yellow shades from Game Makers default image editor (the ones from the SMK palette aren't bright enough >.<).

By the way, don't expect anymore SMK Sonic characters. Maybe I'll make SMK Megaman next or something, I dunno...
balladofwindfishes Wrote:there are sheets of people in mario kart on TSR that weren't ever in a kart before including Toadsworth, Chain Chomp, Cheep Cheep, Bob-Omb, Onigiri and Petey(in the tradition sense of Mario Karts)

That being said, the Sonic needs work, but the Eggman is pretty decent.

Plus Pac-Man.

Also, Sonic looks like he came out the cartoon sonic, just more ugh.
Robotnik's good. Try edited him to look more like the modern Eggman.
Pages: 1 2