The VG Resource

Full Version: Eggman (SEGA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
THE MOD. GEN EGGMAN PROJECT!

[Image: wipde.png]

Full animation poses ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT APPRECIATED.

Everyone who submits to this sheet who has their sprites added to the sheet will be credited. Please include a sprite of your personal character (if you have one) with your submissions so that they may added to the credit area. Finished sheet will be submitted to MFZ and Spriter's Resource.

RULES:
DO: Style edit! And I'm not just talking GBA sprites like Battle or Advance, but old skool sprites on Genesis and OTHER systems too! A note when style editing battle/advance sprites for this: these sprites are 120 times bigger than GBA sprites. This means sprites that are style edited need to be increased by a factor of 1.2. HANDS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SCALING- at least the battle ones. Battle sprites have hands that are already the right size. Advance ones are a tish too small, so scale those a bit up.
DO: Make animatable poses, if you can! It's not a requirement, but it makes the sheet cooler Smile
DO: Use the pallete provided! It keeps the sheet consistent and keeps me from having to back later and fix everything (trust me, it's really annoying)!
DO: Ask for help if you can't get something just right! Me or someone else is sure to help out!

DON'T: Claim other people's work as your own. But this should be obvious.
DON'T: Whine.

LIST OF POSES:
  • Standing
  • Walk
  • Run
  • Jump (up)
  • Jump (down)
  • Shocked pose
  • Hurt
  • Emotion Heads
  • Gestures
  • Ducking
  • Hanging
  • Character specific actions
  • Character specific fighting moves
  • Character specific vehicles/gear
Lets roll sprite!

NOTICE: SPRITES WITH MANGLED PALLETS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THOSE PALLETS ARE FIXED.
Pallet mangling occurs either when:
-You upload a .tiff
-Copy and paste a sheet from EI.

Only you can prevent pallet mangling.

Oh, and one last thing:
[Image: z495bda4e66340iz9.gif]
... but only cartoony ones.
This is my favorite one in the series so far. I'll try to think of some fun sprites for him.
Awesome Robotnik sprites! I'd contribute but I'm only good with Sonic Advanced/Battle style sprites; anything simple.
I got the smoke from AJ Nitro's M&L Mario sheet
[Image: eggman.png]
Haha that's nice, but no need to include my name on the sheet. The smoke isn't much.
Ya know it's funny. The black eyes with red pupils were only used in the cartoons and comics. I think it would be pretty cool to use in the games as well
While these are exellent sprites, I must say that there is one very serious problem with them: the size. I know what you are going to say, you said it before on MFS: "He's that big because that's how big he is in the modern games." But aren't you trying to make stuff that would work well with the existing graphics from the SEGA Genesis games? If so, then this sprite is too big as there are no machines that will correctly match this size. Yes, you will have to resprite every single boss machine to work with the larger Eggman sprite. (By boss machine, I mean the attachments on the Eggmobile that form the boss of a specific zone, not the Eggmobile itself.) Otherwise, there are no boss machine sprites that are compatible, which means less people can use it for fangames.
Actually, people are making new machines and resizing old ones (from Sonic 2, actually) for this project, I just haven't updated the sheet yet.

Also, Dolphman has made a scaled down version of this sprite as well, so there are alternate options to those that don't feel comfortable with sprites of this size Smile

Is that acceptable?
(06-26-2009, 05:42 PM)Techokami Wrote: [ -> ]While these are exellent sprites, I must say that there is one very serious problem with them: the size. I know what you are going to say, you said it before on MFS: "He's that big because that's how big he is in the modern games." But aren't you trying to make stuff that would work well with the existing graphics from the SEGA Genesis games? If so, then this sprite is too big as there are no machines that will correctly match this size. Yes, you will have to resprite every single boss machine to work with the larger Eggman sprite. (By boss machine, I mean the attachments on the Eggmobile that form the boss of a specific zone, not the Eggmobile itself.) Otherwise, there are no boss machine sprites that are compatible, which means less people can use it for fangames.

Let's not forget the other Egg Mobiles from Sonic 1, 2, Sonic CD, Sonic Advance 1, 2 ad 3, Sonic Battle, Sonic X, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Heroes, and other games.
I hope this is of good enough quality.
This was hard to make since I've never done this style but I think I went alright?
[Image: Eggmancontribution.png?t=1255947576]
I gave him a kick sorta. Then a Hi hows it going sorta pose.
Doing this for Deebs.
Some contributes from MFS
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/Gr...sdlo-2.png
(Hedgehog Cannon by Dr.Grey added to main sheet)

metamask:
[Image: Butthurt.png]
[Image: Hangtime.png]
[Image: eggposes.png]
They look really good. I'd love to see clasic costumed Eggman in that style. xD I tried, but it sucked.
You mean this?
[Image: ivoeggman_NR.png]
I made it as an Alt. Costume almost a year ago, but she never added it to the sheet.
The black suit is a spy-suit/swimsuit for a gig I was doing and thought to add it with the Classic look.

Classic look should have some further work done on it, now that I see it.
(01-06-2010, 05:23 AM)MarcelloF Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see clasic costumed Eggman in that style.

I gave classic a try, but I'm not sure I'll be doing any more work on it than this.
[Image: classicegg.png]
[Image: eggheads.png]

... Welp, my brain died.
Pages: 1 2